Specifications for new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
I'm looking to buy a new computer, and want to buy a small one for traveling, with the specs capable of running Sentinel for the 536 and Homepatrol.

Can someone advise me as to the ram, hard drive, processor and speed required for Sentinel?

Or the required specs for Sentinel?

Thank you.

smithken

Premium Subscriber
I don't know the specs off hand but I would bet any new Windows computer will work.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Anything current that you purchase will be plenty capable. Sentinel is very light on system resources. I run many versions of scanner software on a $99 ASUS X205TA with an Intel Atom processor and 2GB of RAM. I run both versions of Sentinel for my 536 and HP1 as well as ProScan and ARCxt for my 996xt. All run flawlessly with Windows 8.1 in the past and Windows 10 today.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, I appreciate the input, as I am not a computer wiz. I've struggled with my old laptop, a Dell 3gb Ram and 250gb hard drive, approximately 8 yrs. old, and very slow. I've downloaded both versions of Sentinel, Homepatrol and x36HP and programs slowly downloads to scanners. Sometimes I get a error message.

I've been reluctant to buy because when you talk to Microsoft, Best Buy or Staples its somewhat conflicting. Very confused at this point.

Seen a Toshiba L50 laptop, i5 processor, 8GB Ram and 1 TB hard drive. A little pricey at $614.00 but they tell me it should last. I hope I'm doing right!

Thanks again for the help!

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Anything current that you purchase will be plenty capable. Sentinel is very light on system resources. I run many versions of scanner software on a $99 ASUS X205TA with an Intel Atom processor and 2GB of RAM. I run both versions of Sentinel for my 536 and HP1 as well as ProScan and ARCxt for my 996xt. All run flawlessly with Windows 8.1 in the past and Windows 10 today.

Did you experience any trouble with Sentinel on Windows 10?

marksmith

That computer should not have any problems with either version of Sentinel.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

Status
Not open for further replies.