Mass Update, was this really a typo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
Earlier UPMan announced the latest Mass Firmware updates. I noticed that the x36 were referred too as P2. Now it is unlike UPMan to make mistakes like that since he is the PM. I noticed it was changed later today by someone from RR and not UPMan. I'm just saying. :eek:

Just posted updates for:
BCD325P2
BCD996P2
BCD436P2 <----?
BCD536P2 <----?
BC125AT SS
BC75XLT SS
BC_VUP3

Cached Site

Last edited:

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Earlier UPMan announced the latest Mass Firmware updates. I noticed that the x36 were referred too as P2. Now it is unlike UPMan to make mistakes like that since he is the PM. I noticed it was changed later today by someone from RR and not UPMan. I'm just saying. :eek:

Just posted updates for:
BCD325P2
BCD996P2
BCD436P2 <----?
BCD536P2 <----?
BC125AT SS
BC75XLT SS
BC_VUP3

Cached Site

Hopefully the BCD536P2 and the BCD436P2 will have upgraded LED display lights, clock battery circuit, and the full-featured analyze menu.:lol:

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering the same thing too.
At the time I didn't know why UPMan was releasing update info on the BCD436P2 / BCD536P2 when it's not released! But once I looked at the link I noticed it was for the HP scanners!

Voyager

True, but just wait for all the posts about the "new models that will make the x36 line obsolete". Some people don't tolerate mistakes - especially from Uniden.

I'm trying to figure out what the two "SS" models are... (Super Sport?)

XTS3000

True, but just wait for all the posts about the "new models that will make the x36 line obsolete". Some people don't tolerate mistakes - especially from Uniden.

I'm trying to figure out what the two "SS" models are... (Super Sport?)

Really? Seriously really? Paul made a simple typo. No one is going to call him out for a stupid typo, we all make mistakes.

wise871

Database Admin
Really? Seriously really? Paul made a simple typo. No one is going to call him out for a stupid typo, we all make mistakes.

It was meant as a joke. Why do you think there was a happy face at the end and this was posted in the tavern. Others caught on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cg

Premium Subscriber
The last two scanners had no new firmware, rather they had updates to the drivers and Scanner Software (SS) that allowed use with Windows 10

chris

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Not drivers. Just SS (Scanner Software, as you correctly point out).

And, sorry about the typos. Yesterday was a very busy day for a host of reasons. Thanks to Mike for fixing them for me.

XTS3000

It was meant as a joke. Why do you think there was a happy face at the end and this was posted in the tavern. Others caught on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Realize many people view these forums on a mobile app like tapatalk, which doesn't show Emojis. So when I replied to your comment, I never seen a smiley.

Unless something is in the joke sub forum, many take it seriously. I don't see any reason to "joke" around, even in the tavern.

Fireboat03

Pepsima1 Duplicate Account
Banned
So I updated my BCD536HP and my BCD996P2 with not issues. I am just trying to figure out what the big deal with a MASS firmware release was.

Any new features added to give us a BIG WOW??

wise871

Database Admin
So I updated my BCD536HP and my BCD996P2 with not issues. I am just trying to figure out what the big deal with a MASS firmware release was.

Any new features added to give us a BIG WOW??

These updates contain no WOW factor. More of a letdown if you ask me. After 5 months since the last update and this is all they came up with, really. Sure others will jump in a say Uniden is still releasing updates so get off there back, but this was just a token release to calm the masses before the long weekend. As minor as they were they could have been added to the next major release. But I'm sure it was decided to release something to show good faith.

An no I'm not a Uniden hater, look at my collection. I'm just a pissed off customer with over 2K worth of unfinished scanners who purchased them based on the original features announcement in 2013. Back then I believed in Uniden based on my previous purchase history with the XT and HP-1 series.

Last edited:

k3fs

As far as the 436 goes, I'm not sure what to make of the update. On the one hand it took them only a little over a month to correct an issue that was pointed out to them. That is good to see.

On the other hand, we will be approaching two years, and still the radio does not have the features it was advertised to have on release. The analyze features are no where near what was advertised, and so far a complete lack of band scope as well.

How is it that you can fix one thing in a month, and still fail to deliver what is advertised? They have shown they have the ability to make some quick fixes. Now lets see the ability to release what was promised.

Voyager

Same reason it takes longer to fix a post typo than a coding error. One is simple to find and fix. The other is not.

k3fs

The analyze features are neither a typo or a coding error. Both of those they can fix.

Again, how do you go from we will have it out first quarter 2014, to over 1.5 years later failing to deliver? There is no indication that this will be delivered before the two year mark. I am not sure they will ever deliver what was advertised. I would be very happy to proven wrong.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Did the update for my BCD536HP today and I can't find in the menu navigation for Siren protocol.

v1.08.07 Release Notes (9/3/2015)
Fixed "SD Card Read Error" during discover review (thanks to TigerMoth for finding)
Added menu navigation for Siren protocol

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Did the update for my BCD536HP today and I can't find in the menu navigation for Siren protocol.

Fixed "SD Card Read Error" during discover review (thanks to TigerMoth for finding)

Voyager

The analyze features are neither a typo or a coding error. Both of those they can fix.

You asked "How is it that you can fix one thing in a month, and still fail to deliver what is advertised?"

Adding features is much more difficult than fixing a bug - just like fixing a bug is much more difficult than fixing a typo.

The point of my answer was that some things are easier to fix than others.

That's why things are not always done in chronological order.

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber

Does anyone know what the "added menu navigation for siren control" does? I updated today and like firemantom26, can't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.