• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

SVR2000 Remote Enable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Starting off,

Iv got a few SVR200 vehicle repeaters in a few setups, I herd an agency with the same SVR 200 repeater and they were able to enable the repeater via their portable radio with a DTMF tone.

Herd a DTMF tone possibly 5 numbers come over the air and then they said their repeater was activated from the portable. That is a handy thing to be able to do! Now iv got no clue how to set this up for my SVR's. Anyone have the slightest clue what to do?

Does this depend on what radio the SVR is connected to, or is it something all radios/SVR's have available

Last edited:

Muxlow

Super Secret
Well gave SVR a call. Its the RCS-200 im looking for. Called for a price.

Didnt go well..

1 they dont sell directly to canada
2 they dont make the rcs for the m7300 radios

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for that idea :(

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
The RCS-200 is for remote channel changes via DTMF. Kinda whiz-bang if all you want to do is turn on the repeater from your portable. How about an el cheapo DTMF decoder hooked to the mobile and the output to the SVR enable line? Some radios have an aux output that can be remotely controlled, which would make it even easier.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Oh?

Yeah all i want to do is enable to repeater from my portable if i forget to turn it on from the car.
Currently i push a button on the M7300 control head

So if i stuck a DTMF decoder in there somehow and interfaced it this would work?

Now to get info on that project

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Should work. Depends how easy it is to get receive audio to the decoder. Speaker audio works but not the greatest way to do it. Accessory receive audio is best. You can tap off of what goes to the SVR.

Look for a decoder that will latch the output and also have a reset. This one comes to mind:

DTMF Decoder | Touch Tone® Decoder: TTD-4

Status
Not open for further replies.