• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola Monitor VI Trade??

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSFD390

Has anyone used the UnicatioN G1 pager vs the MINITOR VI? I have a practically new minitor vi, in the box in excellent condition. I am wanting to get ahold of a G1, and use instead of a minitor. How are your experience with these units? Would a trade for a 6 be an equal value trade?

Thanks, Michael.

Last edited by a moderator:

firecatohio

the unication is a good one but expensive. nifty I'd your dispatch is capable of text/cad dispatch. but I'm partial to anything motorola. built better, better options, warranties are better plus more places to get fixed and programming.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CSFD390

Min. trade

I agree on the MOTO name.... I do programming, so I don't look for places to get it done. I do however agree there is a lot of places to get it done. Would it be a good deal to rrade one for the other?

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
I have not personally used a Minitor 6 as my county uses lowband for fire dispatch. However i have tested a unication pager and there JUNK way too many issues with our demo one's to even consider buying them. My dept issues Minitor 5's and i use a MInitor 4 or Minitor 2 both personally owned stick to your Minitor 6 motorola was the original and the best in fire pagers

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Let's keep in mind that the OP is looking for opinions.

If he was looking to trade or sell his pager, he'd be doing so in the Classifieds.

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
I have used Motorola for many years. I used the Minitor 5 for a while and was issued a new Minitor 6 and shortly returned it for my 5 back. The new 6 just does not seem to work as well as the older pagers from Motorola. Then I found the G1 pager from Unication. WOW thats all I can say. It works so much better then any Motorola pager. 64 Channels is crazy as you just can't fill this thing up. The audio is amazing and the reception is so much better. I will never go back to the Motorola Pager. As a Fire Fighter I carry the G1 now.

As a Unication Dealer also I sell more of the G1 pagers now as to the Motorola pagers. Motorola prices have helped as well. They have made the G1 an easy choice for the budget. I have sold close to 30k in G1 pagers in only 5 months of being a dealer with them. Really they are much better pager for your dollar.

Feel free to contact me with any questions about the G1 pager or if you are looking to get one for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.