Buffalo NY (Unknow Hotel DMR Digital Sytem)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I tried a search in the frequency files and can not find anything on the Frequency, I am listening to this DMR System using DSD+ Software and if anyone in the Buffalo area could listen in and try to help Identify who this is it would be appreciated if you could either post any info you have in this Post so I can submit it to RadioReference site or you can submit the information your self, this is the info I have,

Using DSD+ Software to listen to this System

Frequency 461.8625 MHz
this is a DMR system With Slot 1 & 2, DCC-2
This hotel is very busy, I did hear this transmission.
someone was talking and asked if there was a Ice Cream stand close to the Hotel and the reply was, Yes right by the water Across from the hotel there is one, this leads me to believe this hotel in on the water front in Buffalo, I know there has been a lot of construction on the water front and don't no if this is a new Hotel that has opened or one that is already there. I am in Fort Erie and the signal is very strong.
Steve

mciupa

Database Admin
Hey Steve,

I'm wondering if it is from an unlisted SaiaComm site. With all the LTR's converting over, perhaps this is another site for SaiaNET.

That frequency is licensed to SaiaComm.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the information

Hey Steve,

I'm wondering if it is from an unlisted SaiaComm site. With all the LTR's converting over, perhaps this is another site for SaiaNET.

That frequency is licensed to SaiaComm.

You could be right a lot of times I check a frequency and it comes up to SiaComm or FM Comunications, it's very frustrating trying to figure out the information on these two systems, and your right on the other point also they are converting over all these LTR Systems now, I will not submit this DMR System unless I can confirm it so I hope by posting this info on the dmr system, between myself and maybe other people we can confirm who it is. I don't know why they don't change the information on SiaComm and FM Comm when they make these changes, I find trying to figure out these system using the FCC sites for information very hard.
Thanks mciupa.
Steve

D

DaveNF2G

What information do you think needs changing? If Saia holds a license and one of the modes is consistent with DMR, then the information is complete.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Thank you

Buffalo Marriott HARBORCENTER. this just opened up and still has construction going on.

Thanks Dan I know from the TV news in Buffalo there has been a lot of construction down on the water front FINALY. It could be you have it right it could be the Marriot Harborcenter , I have a extra computer I run DSD+ on the DMR System and I will start to save the audio file and I will let it go for an hour or more and then play back the audio files and see if someone on the radio's says something to give away the name of the place. I have done this before and after awhile one person says something and then someone else say something and you can figure it out. the radios are very bussy, front desk, valet parking, security, and many more. anyway thanks for the info Dan and I will post any information I find hear so maybe someone can intrepid it for me.
Thanks,
Steve

Saint

Premium Subscriber
info

What information do you think needs changing? If Saia holds a license and one of the modes is consistent with DMR, then the information is complete.

Can you please tell me how to find out who is using this DMR System when it only comes up with Saia Comm or FM Comm, it's not very helpful and I can not submit only the name to Radio Reference, I guess the only way is to listen for many hours to find out what Hotel is using this DMR System.
Steve

D

DaveNF2G

FCC rules do not require a radio system operator's customers to be licensed separately. Such operators tend to consider their customer lists to be proprietary, so there is no official source that must list that information. If you want to know who is on the system, then you will have to figure it out. There is no required info missing from the FCC licenses.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Yes

FCC rules do not require a radio system operator's customers to be licensed separately. Such operators tend to consider their customer lists to be proprietary, so there is no official source that must list that information. If you want to know who is on the system, then you will have to figure it out. There is no required info missing from the FCC licenses.
Yes Dave I figured that out for myself, thank you.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Submitted ??

I ran DSD+ on this DMR System for several hours and saved the audio file. I now can confirm that this is Buffalo Marriott HARBORCENTER. If radioreference wants me to submit the information let me know and I will submit it.
Thank you,
Steve

I submitted this to the data base and checked my submissions and it was open, now I check and I can not find it In my submissions and it has not been added to the database, do I need to re-submit this.
Steve

AlexC

Database Admin
There is a handful of NYS submissions - I took care of one of them - but I replied back to your submission as a note... Can you let me know the answer and I can update the DB for you?

Alex

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Information

There is a handful of NYS submissions - I took care of one of them - but I replied back to your submission as a note... Can you let me know the answer and I can update the DB for you?

Alex
Slot 1 & 2, DCC-2
461.8625 is the Buffalo Marriott HARBORCENTER in Buffalo NY They are the only ones on the DMR frequency , I have not started to find all the talkgroups and rids for this dmr site, I do have one
Talkgroup TG-1000

Steve

AlexC

Database Admin
OK -

So is this part of SaiaNet or not? Because you submitted this under SaiaNet which is not correct if it is not part of that network. That's why I asked about the talkgroup information as well.

If this is the case I'm going to close your submission since it's not part of that network as rejected and you can submit a new request for a change to the database in the right category so it gets done correctly...

Alex

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Info

OK -

So is this part of SaiaNet or not? Because you submitted this under SaiaNet which is not correct if it is not part of that network. That's why I asked about the talkgroup information as well.

If this is the case I'm going to close your submission since it's not part of that network as rejected and you can submit a new request for a change to the database in the right category so it gets done correctly...

Alex
The only thing I can say is this frequency is licenced to SaiNet And it's an dmr frequency and the hotel is the only one on it, I am not an expert on these DMR frequencies all I know is there is only one business on this, if this is not enough then please disregard this information.
Steve

AlexC

Database Admin
OK,

I rejected your other submission. If you want to resubmit with all details in the right category etc we are happy to get to your submission from there.

Alex

Saint

Premium Subscriber
resubmit

OK,

I rejected your other submission. If you want to resubmit with all details in the right category etc we are happy to get to your submission from there.

Alex

No thank you I have all the info on this system I want, if it's to hard for you to just put in in it's own category then it's no loss to me.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.