San Bernardino City FD contracting out

Status
Not open for further replies.

f40ph

Feed Provider
Looks like the SBFD will transition to SB County FD. I understand that during the interim of the "annexation" process, they will sign a short term ( less than 1yr contract) for operations. We could see the county in there around January 1. I wonder if they'll stay on the 800mhz TRS "10-system" or move over to the "6-system".

Eng74

It will be interesting to see what SBCoFD does with this. Will the move the City firefighters out into the county or just do a badge change and everyone stays where they are? I am sure the City guys will be happy to go County for the job security that they will get compared to what they have had with the City the last few years the way the budget has been.

f40ph

Feed Provider
SBFD guys have been leaving in large numbers lately. Can't blame them. Who'd fully trust a bankrupt employer? Previously, SBCoFD has moved many (but not all) employees out of the "new" contract when they've absorbed a city (Victorville, Hesperia, Crest Forest) for examples.

Eng74

I remember when LACoFD took their first bite out of Orange County only the engineers stayed at their stations for the first 6 months then they were sent out to the other areas of the county but could bid back if they wanted too.

PaulNDaOC

I remember when LACoFD took their first bite out of Orange County only the engineers stayed at their stations for the first 6 months then they were sent out to the other areas of the county but could bid back if they wanted too.

That is SOP at LA County dating back to at least the 70's, and I do the appreciate the reasoning behind it. If bodies were not moved and assimilated I can see major problems with uniformity and cliques just off the top of my head.

Looking back at the other contracts you can see that LA made unprecedented and unique changes in the "county way" for La Habra by agreeing to dispatch their contracted ambulances and having OC certified paramedics at 191's working under the different standing orders issued by OC EMS.

Last edited:

Starman918

My guess is that they will go to the county system because all of the radio equipment used by the city police, fire and local government, is owned by the city, at least of was a couple if years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.