columbus trs unknowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

sopranosno1

Here is a few unknowns we caught saturday, 8560 ems dispatch, heard male voice say medic 151 someone is in your lobby, 11728 couple of key ups, 14000 police unit on traffic stop on refugee and mero or mara or something close to it. Also traffic stop on brice and chattergin or something close to it. 15824 ems related. Anyone know of a campus or school near refugee mero or brice and chattergin area??14000 Pretty active saturday night.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Medic 151 is a Whitehall medic dispatched by MECC. May be a MECC TG intercom type use. They have a dozen TGs, 3 in the 8000 range.

At Brice Rd and Chatterton Rd (also called Refugee Rd) is the Brice Christian Academy, K thru 8th grades, 3160 Brice Rd. 14000 could be a Brice PD TG. Brice is very small, maybe 1 or 2 cruisers.

I don't listen for new TGs much anymore with the county transitioning over to Ohio MARCS-IP. I'm sure there may be a few little used TGs out there that no one ever caught.

Last edited:

sopranosno1

Im about 95% sure that brice pd is on talk group 14000.. i did confirm with a female dispatcher/officer that brice pd is on the franklin county analog trs. She wasnt sure on talk group but said they are self dispatch. And one car had capability to talk to franklin county sheriff. They must not work everyday and wasnt working last saturday night. No wonder we didnt hear 14000 last saturday. The pd office is at the village office off columbus street in the village of brice.

sopranosno1

Here is some unknowns around columbus the last few years that are active, 1232 sounded like ems dispatch, 8560,8592 ems related,11536 control to lobby, 11856 unknown, 11728 key ups,11920 unknown, 14000 brice pd, 15824 unknown,16464,16592,16854,16944. these are automated ems fire paging or announcements.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I think Brice PD only has one car. They use to use VHF or UHF, all they do is traffic stops anyway to pay their salary. I guess they picked up a TG and no one ever noticed, or cared.

I'll listen to 1232 and the 16xxxs. I listen to all the fire & EMS, never seemed to missed anyone. Thanks for all the work you did.

Columbus and MECC are the only ones using automated dispatch I believe. There may be some PA TGs as MECC doesn't auto page over the dispatch channel like Columbus does.

16656 is Rickenbacker Airport, those 16xxx could be Airport Authority.

Last edited:

sopranosno1

We saw a black police car behind the village office saturday with no back plate. The pics i seen on brice pd web site shows 5-6 officers in front of a white pd car. The only time i will be in columbus will be friday or saturday night. Too bad they wasnt working last saturday.i would or someone needs to find out the times they work. Any one lives around columbus or the east end of columbus could drive by and see what is on the cars for antennas.if i remember right the fire ems for that area is done by turo township???i hope im right with the name.maybe someone with connections with fire ems in that area would know??

sopranosno1

Those 16*** we hear on the franklin trs to me sound like what you hear on talk group 272. Kinda like computer voice type talk.in the past every time i hear 272 that voice is the same i hear on those 16*** talk groups. One time on the 16*** talk groups i heard a annoucement for a funeral viewing coming up soon.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
The state outlawed their mayors court so they couldn't rely on traffic fines to pay their officers so I think they are all volunteer now. They used to be the 4th busiest speed trap in the state. Truro Twp Fire covers Brice as well as Reynoldsburg. I thought the New Rome Law was supposed to dissolve these little speed trap villages but they continue to exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.