Highway Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterman12

Premium Subscriber
my 106 pro scanner will not pick highway patrol
in greenville nc now. i did pick them up when they used williamston
to dispatch from. do i need to put in different frequencies or what to pick them up again?
if so does anyone know what i need to put in? thanks

kc4jgc

Waterman:
When was the last time you updated? I'll quote myself from my web site:
Hampton Roads Scanner Page said:
In March 2014, VIPER sites in eastern North Carolina were rebanded, shifting 15 MHz lower than the previous frequencies. Then, in July 2014, VIPER changed to a pure P25 system. There are no custom tables needed now.

In a nutshell, make sure you have the current control freqs and correct talk group ID's, and that you have the system programmed as P25.

I have no trouble with VIPER on my '106 anywhere in NC.

HTH,

ai8o

Brachiating Tetrapod
Problem drill down

my 106 pro scanner will not pick highway patrol
in greenville nc now. i did pick them up when they used williamston
to dispatch from. do i need to put in different frequencies or what to pick them up again?
if so does anyone know what i need to put in? thanks

Your post is not clear about what the problem is.

Are you not rcving the signal (RF)?
Is your scanner working at all?

Were you listening on low band vhf?

Is your scanner working at 800 mhz?

Is your scanner receiving other 800 mhz transmissions?

Can you rcv other VIPER TGs?

waterman12

Premium Subscriber
I have updated. The scanner works for everything except HP. Including other viper like hospital.

kc4jgc

If all else fails, I may be able to help. If you use WIN500, I can send you my Eastern NC file. If not, the next Sunday evening I'm in Greenville (or Washington, Williamston or Chocowinity) I can get you set up with my laptop.

waterman12

Premium Subscriber
I am using the radio reference software - it says ARC500 - Bu-tel software BV. Is that the same thing as WIN500? If so, that would be great if either of you would send me your file. My email is billybrown49@gmail.com. If that doesn't work, I might ask you to stop by if you don't mind.

kc4jgc

No, ARC500 is another database program. I do have ARC500 on my other laptop. I think I can download my ENC file onto ARC, then send that file. I'm busy this weekend with a wedding; I may not have time.

As an alternative, I will be in Chocowinity Sunday night if you'd like to drive to 3030 Hwy 17 South. It's directly across the highway from First State Bank and the former WNCT office/studios. I'll have my laptop/cable with me.

Another alternative, download WIN500 (you can try it free for 30 days), I can send my file right away.

Last edited:

kc4jgc

Is all OK now?

Billy,
I haven't heard from you in a few days now; do I take it you were able to figure everything out after my last e-mail? I'm in Plymouth tonight; a little too far out from you. Just wanted to catch up with you to make sure you're straight now.

waterman12

Premium Subscriber
I think we are hearing everything how it should be now. Thank you so much for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.