CS750 monitor mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireguyastro

Premium Subscriber
There is no monitor mode on the 750 that's a jerry lie.i can send you my code plug for my 380 and you can see how it's set up if you're interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanRollman

Database Admin
There is no monitor mode on the 750 that's a jerry lie.i can send you my code plug for my 380 and you can see how it's set up if you're interested

Not sure what you're talking about (guessing you don't know either). Monitor Mode works well on the CS750. I have used it to find several previously-unknown talk groups on a local Con+ trunked system. Turn monitor mode on, and the radio will pass audio for all talk groups on the current channel - even talk groups that are not programmed in your RX Group list. And it shows the talk group number on the screen (which is one better than even the AOR DV-1). So yes, the CS750 has Monitor Mode, and it works. No lie.

Dan

fireguyastro

Premium Subscriber
I wasn't aware they had gotten that feature to work , thanks for the correction I'm glad you shared with me

RayAir

I saw some screenshots of a 750 supposedly in "monitor" mode. You still need the freq/slot/CC, but it did display all TGs even private calls. It won't work in scan mode. You have to be parked on the channel you wish to monitor.

I wouldnt worry about all call too much. I've only seen it used on two DMR systems. One was a taxi set up where dispatch sent out calls on the all call TG (16776415 I believe) and the taxi's answered back by private calling dispatch. They also were running EP.

The other system I heard it on i'm still trying to ID the user.

You can always put the all call TG in your digital receive list.

Voyager

The 750 DOES have the monitor mode. No supposed about it, and no lies.

fireguyastro

Premium Subscriber
Misinformed , I followed that yahoo groups for 2 years until I left it and got rid of my connect systems radio , my monitor never worked , there was a point in time where there was question as to its true functionality .so up to this point I knew it as a dreamed up feature until I was corrected

fireguyastro

Premium Subscriber
My apologies , it's my opinion that Jerry is a BS Liar and that's how I feel sorry if people disagree but he's done some shady crap , I'm also sorry if I've offended people here I'm not a Jerry Fan ; I do want to thank the individual whom corrected me on the monitor mode i did very much appreciate learning that now does exist

DanRollman

Database Admin
My apologies , it's my opinion that Jerry is a BS Liar and that's how I feel sorry if people disagree but he's done some shady crap , I'm also sorry if I've offended people here I'm not a Jerry Fan ; I do want to thank the individual whom corrected me on the monitor mode i did very much appreciate learning that now does exist

No offense taken by me, and you're entitled to your opinion. I just think the facts (e.g. whether a particular feature exists in a particular radio) ought to be accurate here. If you still think he's a liar even when shown the fact that a feature you thought didn't exist does in fact exist and work, that's up to you. No hard feelings on that...

fireguyastro

Premium Subscriber
Thank you !! I had a 700 and he promised all these upgrade features that were suppose to be field upgradable , then he started with the customer has to send it in and pay 65$ to upgrade it , I found that to be frustrating , I will commend the guy for marketing and selling a cheap ham radio for newbies and experienced ham to experience the DMR mode

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Thank you !! I had a 700 and he promised all these upgrade features that were suppose to be field upgradable , then he started with the customer has to send it in and pay 65$ to upgrade it , I found that to be frustrating , I will commend the guy for marketing and selling a cheap ham radio for newbies and experienced ham to experience the DMR mode

Just a question. I mean no disrespect. Why did you find it frustrating? I would much rather pay $65 to have my current radio upgraded than $250 for another radio. I wish Uniden or Whistler would make such offers.

Field upgradable can be next to impossible without the correct equipment. The way I understood it if it was done incorrectly, a customer doing the upgrade could brick the radio.

I still plan on buying a 750 in the future. I have the 700 and love it. I didn't realize that monitor mode was working either. I'm glad I found this thread.

fireguyastro

Premium Subscriber
Sibbley , none taken , it was originally suppose to be field upgradable according to the seller, then there was some concern as to the abilities that some had and it was decided that it was safer to send it in rather than disclose how to do it. . Then he decided a end user would have to send it in and get it upgraded by CSI , for a shipping cost there , the upgrade , and the return. That's what I found to be frustrating , when I had already had to wait 3 months for the radio !! Your questions and comments will not offend me were all here with different ideas thoughts and opinions !

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Sibbley , none taken , it was originally suppose to be field upgradable according to the seller, then there was some concern as to the abilities that some had and it was decided that it was safer to send it in rather than disclose how to do it. . Then he decided a end user would have to send it in and get it upgraded by CSI , for a shipping cost there , the upgrade , and the return. That's what I found to be frustrating , when I had already had to wait 3 months for the radio !! Your questions and comments will not offend me were all here with different ideas thoughts and opinions !

I can understand that.

NavyBOFH

Premium Subscriber
Jerry has a good thing going, but it falls flat on its face when there's huge feature gaps or bugs. I wanted to believe in his products but ended up with MD-380s instead. Now for mobiles I'm stuck because I don't want to fall into the issues with the CS800 that have plagued the CS700 it's based on. Guess it's time to start saving pennies for Motorola gear.

D

DaveNF2G

I had a 700 for a short time. It did not do all I wished, but then if I had done more research before buying it, I would have known what to expect. The 750 interests me now. Maybe I will buy one...

fireguyastro

Premium Subscriber
The mobiles are a different issue all together , audio driver problems , tx issues on the microphone , some issues which require you to send it back(unless you can solder resistors) in the audio driver, one thing after another failure I have a hytera and just got a Motorola 5550 mobile i wouldn't even waste my time on a 800 (my 2 cents)

I have a cs751 and the only problem I have with it is if your in a sketchy area with a digital signal and it's in scan mode it will not resume scanning when the transmission ends. The monitor mode works well also. Other than that no complaints at all. I have a xpr6550 and I like the cs 751 better.

NavyBOFH

Premium Subscriber
The mobiles are a different issue all together , audio driver problems , tx issues on the microphone , some issues which require you to send it back(unless you can solder resistors) in the audio driver, one thing after another failure I have a hytera and just got a Motorola 5550 mobile i wouldn't even waste my time on a 800 (my 2 cents)

Out of the two mobiles you mentioned, which one do you think is more worth your money? I am trying to buy a mobile each for 2 cars and one as a base and am trying to find my best fit before dropping close to $2000 on equipment.

fireguyastro

Premium Subscriber
Off topic a little bit, but the Hytera radios you can find a lil cheaper than the Motorola if you're trying to outfit 2 cars

Status
Not open for further replies.