Android Based Siren App?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RF-Burns

Upman,

I just bought a new vehicle which I would love not to have to install a radio in due to space. Is there any insight that you could provide me as to when and if a Siren App will be available for the Android Operating System? If their isn't any plans for an Android App that is ok, I'll have to make other arrangements but if their is going to be one I will hold out and not spend the money on a competitive product.

Thank you,

Motoman55

MidTNScanDude

Don't expect an answer.... We PAID for it, we have been Deprived of what we paid for... It will Never worked like they advertised it on the box. You will have no working backlights in your scanner by time they release a half fast version..... They made sure the scanner would not hold Time, in hopes you would not realize they 2 year old "Flagship" Scanner does not even come Close to doing what the box says.

If they gave a Damn about the customers they would release the data needed for other folks to make programs, they would be posting beta versions in 2 weeks, and have Solid, Functional versions in a month.

RF-Burns

Well there has been MANY posts of the same question and just as many if not more with the answer. I think people are getting tired of answering the same question over and over and over.

If you have found an answer I sure would love to hear it. I have heard someday in the future for nearly 2 years. Well someday in the future I will buy another house, have a grandchild, and retire. So someday in the future really doesn't work for me. If you want to be a smart a*s then feel free to leave.

RF-Burns

Don't expect an answer.... We PAID for it, we have been Deprived of what we paid for... It will Never worked like they advertised it on the box. You will have no working backlights in your scanner by time they release a half fast version..... They made sure the scanner would not hold Time, in hopes you would not realize they 2 year old "Flagship" Scanner does not even come Close to doing what the box says.

If they gave a Damn about the customers they would release the data needed for other folks to make programs, they would be posting beta versions in 2 weeks, and have Solid, Functional versions in a month.

I have always giving Uniden the benefit of the doubt on this scanner. It was the most advanced scanner ever to be released up to that point and in some respects it still is.

With that said, my feelings are very close to yours with this scanner. If Upman and Uniden are going to stop supporting it just freaking tell us that. I'm sick and tired of the run around. Dearlers are even more frustrated, they can't get answers either from our good friend Paul. You would think if you are a project manager for a so called "Flag Ship Scanner" you would have to answer questions from your dealers and consumers.

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
If you have found an answer I sure would love to hear it. I have heard someday in the future for nearly 2 years. Well someday in the future I will buy another house, have a grandchild, and retire. So someday in the future really doesn't work for me. If you want to be a smart a*s then feel free to leave.

Not trying to be a smart a*s as you say. All I was trying to convey was the reason why there were no responses to your question. Did you do a search or read the many threads about this topic? If you had then you would not have needed to ask.

Voyager

Yea because everyone knows that the WiFi has been working since before the scanner was announced and not the December 2014 date that was the reality for everyone else. Head in the sand and ignorant. Coincidence?

garys

Premium Subscriber
If they were going to stop supporting it, they probably wouldn't have released firmware updates in the last couple of weeks.

I have always giving Uniden the benefit of the doubt on this scanner. It was the most advanced scanner ever to be released up to that point and in some respects it still is.

With that said, my feelings are very close to yours with this scanner. If Upman and Uniden are going to stop supporting it just freaking tell us that. I'm sick and tired of the run around. Dearlers are even more frustrated, they can't get answers either from our good friend Paul. You would think if you are a project manager for a so called "Flag Ship Scanner" you would have to answer questions from your dealers and consumers.

Status
Not open for further replies.