Marcs IP in Northeast Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonya

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone noticed a change in the reception of the Marc IP system in Cuyahoga/Lake counties? I know there are always issues with this system but it seems to me that the last week or so my reception has gotten worse in areas that it always worked fine. At first I thought the speaker in my HP-1 was going bad the distortion was so bad then I tested with another HP-1 and it sounded the same. Just curious if anyone else has noticed.

KWs

Premium Subscriber
Today is just fine for me from Portage County listening to Cuyahogal, Geauga...
Yesterday was a bit worse. Seems very weather dependent, but I can't seem to put my finger on it. Warmer, windy, cloudy, ..... Seems to be a fine line.

Swipesy

Yes, I have noticed a deterioration and increased garble on the Lake, Geauga and MARCS-IP in general. It goes from good to terrible and in between. I am assuming it has something to do with the very hot temperatures impacting the digital signal.

LZ56

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed periods of bad simulcast distortion lately that come and go. Not too bad right now. Wondering if the humid air makes it worse? I've heard that even the water in leaves on the trees can cause problems when it's windy. Who knows? I HATE DIGITAL SIMULCAST. Give me good old analog any day!

Status
Not open for further replies.