New Whistler Models Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

radio3353

In the new Scanner Digest Newsletter, there is an article announcing two new Whistler models - the 1088 (handheld) and 1098 (base.) They are replacements for the 1080 and 1095.

Scanner Digest is available here if you wish to read the article. Scanner Digest Newsletter

I don't see anything on the Whistler site yet.

N8IAA

In the new Scanner Digest Newsletter, there is an article announcing two new Whistler models - the 1088 (handheld) and 1098 (base.) They are replacements for the 1080 and 1095.

Scanner Digest is available here if you wish to read the article. Scanner Digest Newsletter

Just went through the news letter, and didn't see mention of the new scanners. Maybe a page number?
Larry

krokus

Premium Subscriber

I see no article, just a front page to the site.

Sent via Tapatalk

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I see no article, just a front page to the site.

Sent via Tapatalk

If you click on "Archives", you will see the newsletters, however.....

The latest one available is issue 70, dated for the 4th quarter of 2014.

The front page shows the latest newsletter as issue 71, but it also states that it was sent out 3 months ago.

Last edited:

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Some one emailed the newsletter dated Ap-may-june issue 72 and there they are both in their ws 1088 and the 1098 so far I see no dif at all in current models
oops missed it does say keyboard increased from 10 keys to 23 keys.both will have full alphanumeric keypad..

radio3353

OK folks. It is the first page of Issue 72 April-May-June 2015 issue.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
So maybe it will be field programmable with the alpha keypad?

Update from the press release: The 1088 and 1098 models have a full alphanumeric keypad consisting of 23 keys allowing you to easily create new and edit existing trunked systems, sites, and talk groups directly from the scanner and without the use of a pc.

jpjohn

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully both units will come with a built in GPS - with a connector to allow for an external GPS antenna....just the antenna as the GPS will be built in.

If they could pull that off....with the removable head on the mobile unit....I think they would "win the war." That is the only thing I miss from the Uniden scanners.

Anything said about a potential date? I'm guessing some time in 2016?

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
Why in the world would Whistler announce a new scanner in a regional specific, limited circulation, newsletter?

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Why in the world would Whistler announce a new scanner in a regional specific, limited circulation, newsletter?

Often it's not what Whistler and Uniden will announce but what publications and newsletters will find out. I don't think it was an advertisement. It's circulation has probably doubled today.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
From the website the newsletter is written by users like us here. They are asking for writers. This may or may not be facts. It could also be a leak from a friend that works at Whistler. If it was a true fact I would hope it would be on the Whistler website. We only can wait and see at this point.

radio3353

The editor of the newsletter wrote the article. It was not an announcement from Whistler.

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
Wonder if this means a significant price drop coming on the existing models.

1095 is enough for me.

puzzleriddle

So maybe it will be field programmable with the alpha keypad?

Update from the press release: The 1088 and 1098 models have a full alphanumeric keypad consisting of 23 keys allowing you to easily create new and edit existing trunked systems, sites, and talk groups directly from the scanner and without the use of a pc.

GREAT!! new prob Phase 2 with full kB hmmm wll it be SD card or just buttons like the gre-RS older clones?
?.also portable or B/M? 1 more question does it have PCIF port for untirunker Pro96com & other programs.
& others

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.