Cumberland County submission

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
All,

A submission has been received for Cumberland County indicating that "the old conventional vhf/uhf/fire/ems/municipal system is deprecated" and that this applies to both Fayetteville and Cumberland County. However, the submitter has not clarified specifically which frequencies are affected.

RR policy is not to deprecate/delete frequencies unless they are known not to be used and it is confirmed that the entity or entities has removed all equipment and can no longer access the frequencies in question.

Can anyone confirm the status of VHF/UHF frequencies for Cumberland County and/or Fayetteville?

WA4MJF

I, too, would find that hard to believe. Even here in Wake, where we've been on 800 MHz for several years, my department still has the VHF rigs in the vehicles that were active when the change happened. Also, the base station, KIP 945. In fact, the last Engine we sold had a VHF rig and the VFD that bought it was glad to get it as they were still on VHF High band. No point in paying to have the rigs dis-installed, when free to leave them there. One pumper and our rescue truck still have them.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
All,

A submission has been received for Cumberland County indicating that "the old conventional vhf/uhf/fire/ems/municipal system is deprecated" and that this applies to both Fayetteville and Cumberland County. However, the submitter has not clarified specifically which frequencies are affected.

RR policy is not to deprecate/delete frequencies unless they are known not to be used and it is confirmed that the entity or entities has removed all equipment and can no longer access the frequencies in question.

Can anyone confirm the status of VHF/UHF frequencies for Cumberland County and/or Fayetteville?

Tom,
I will look into this over the next couple of days.
Work has been my priority as we prepare to shut off our 4.1 system but I should have time this weekend to verify what is still on the air and what can be depreciated.
Thanks!
Marshall KE4ZNR

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Tom,
I will look into this over the next couple of days.
Work has been my priority as we prepare to shut off our 4.1 system but I should have time this weekend to verify what is still on the air and what can be depreciated.
Thanks!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Very good, thanks.

Ditto on the work. I'm in the midst of getting our folks over to P25 so I can shut off the Smartnet system. Probably won't happen until December at the earliest.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Any luck?

Marshall,

Any luck tracking down the other side of the story?

Thanks. . .

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Gonna axe this one. . .

Since I haven't been able to get local confirmation on exactly what has been removed from service and to what extent, I'm going to mark the submission rejected.

If anyone can confirm specifically what has been removed from service, please re-submit.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Since I haven't been able to get local confirmation on exactly what has been removed from service and to what extent, I'm going to mark the submission rejected.

If anyone can confirm specifically what has been removed from service, please re-submit.

This is my bad Tom...been too busy with my own system migration and will make the needed database adjustments.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.