Medevac 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Guy's,

Could someone clarify for me Medevac's current line up?

Lehigh Valley Hospital Health Network operates Medevac 1,2,4 & 7?

Mid-Atlantic Medevac operates Medevac 3 & 5?

I thought there was was a Medevac 4 down in Cape May Co. (Woodbine)?

No Medevac's 6 or 8?

Also, are they both using Air Methods (AirCom) as their dispatch?

JT

CommJunkie

MidAtlantic operates 3 (Pottstown-Limerick), 4 (Woodbine), and 5 (Vineland). 6 used to be a second ship out of Pottstown and 8 was out of Lancaster, but those are long gone.

LVH uses AirCom, MidAtlantic uses AtlantiCare MedCom.

Steveradio

Lehigh Valley Medevac 1 Kutztown Airport
Lehigh Valley Medevac 2 East Stroudsburg Airpark
Lehigh Valley Medevac 4 Reading Airport
Lehigh Valley Medevac 7 Zerbe Airport Minnersville
Lehigh Valley Medevac 8/9 Ground Trauma units

Primary frequency is still 464.2000 PL107.2 they do on-air testing normally shift change times and are using MotoTrbo radios but not fully set up yet.
The frequency is licensed to Service Electric Cable they have some sort of agreement with them.

Steveradio

Lehigh Valley Hospital Medevac used to be all one and part of Hahnemann University Flight Program in Philly how ever they broke ties for what ever reason and operated the own entity called MidAtlantic which is part of Atlanticcare in New Jersey..

with more hospitals becoming Trauma 1 facilities they are now able to provide more air medical services.

Hope this helps its confusing but makes sense after awhile here in Lehigh Valley we have Lehigh Valley medevac and Pennstar

Steve

SCPD

QRT
Ok, thanks Steve. But, just to clarify there's MidAtlantic Medevac 4 & a Lehigh Valley Medevac 4 ?

SCPD

QRT
Ok, thanks again Steve. Do you have any location info on PSP aviation units? I found the below link, but it's very vague:

PSP

I'm pretty sure Trooper 1 covers the Phila area out of readinf airport I believe, but wasn't sure of the resr of the fleet.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Ok, thanks again Steve. Do you have any location info on PSP aviation units? I found the below link, but it's very vague:

PSP

I'm pretty sure Trooper 1 covers the Phila area out of readinf airport I believe, but wasn't sure of the resr of the fleet.

APU 1 is at Reading Airport
APU 2 is at Hazleton Airport
APU 3 is at Cap City Airport
APU 4 is at Altoona/Blair Co Airport
APU 5 is at Latrobe/Palmer Regional Airport
APU 6 is at Franklin/Venango Regional Airport

There may or may not be a helo at each of these locations on a given day. Fixed wing aircraft are usually at APU 3. Crews are not in service at all locations on a given day. A request for a PSP helo, therefore, may or may not be fulfilled by the nearest ship. It depends on crew and aircraft availability.
I'm not 100% sure any more, but I think there are currently 7 helos in service (theoretically 1 at each APU and a spare, Trooper 7).
There had been 5 Cessnas in the fixed wing fleet, but at one point the state was downsizing the fleet so I am not sure what is left.

Status
Not open for further replies.