Misc Uni-Trunker Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings All...

Have been playing around with UT for little while now and was wondering a few things.

-- Is there a way to see an archived talkgroups and a listing of radio ID's affiliated on it (Just like DSDPlus). I noticed after 3 hours the Radio ID's are deleted from a TG history

-- Speaking of, is there a way to increase the time that UT retains the memory for Radio ID's? For example, it I want to see all the radios that were affiliated (Joined, Call, Denied, Etc) with TG 40016 for a 24 hour period.

-- Is there is a way to add columns on the Site Window display? I was looking to log the Radio ID's by Portable, Mobile or Dispatch radios. Also is there a way to change the order in these grids? On the top display it goes (Frequency, Audience, Target, Source, Label) but on the bottom it goes (Source, Source Label, Action, Target, Target Label). Maybe its my OCD kicking in , but it would be nice to have the columns matching.

-- There are a few TG's that show up on a daily basis on my local system, however in 15 plus years of monitoring it I have never heard any voice traffic on them. I realize that larger systems (Which this one is) may have TG's that are hardly used, but is there any way to make sure theses aren't phantom TGs? The certain ones I am talking about just show a RadioID "Joining" that talkgroup.

Tim

Tim

Feed Provider
I can solve that problem for you...on the main window of the TRS system, under info tab about halfway down the page there is a "history" setting. You have to check the LOG box. It should save it then.

Tim

riveter

Premium Subscriber
For longer history, change the "depth" value for the site so it holds those records for a longer time. Also, set it to log everything, it'll save the RIDs and everything too when you exit. Every time it data-saves, it saves a new Unitrunker.xml.123 file (.xml.124 for the next one). Open that up, you'll see the raw version of all the saved data, and if you go find the correct sys/site you're looking for, you'll find a section showing the RIDs and TGIDs that hit and were saved.

No custom columns, sorry. Best it gives you is color-coordinating them (which is a nice effect).

If an RID joins a talkgroup, it's not a phantom, it's being used for something. It may simply be a very low-use talkgroup. We have a few like that in MD- the MEMA MJOC channel for statewide emergency management units, for example, may have one to two transmissions a day, but might have 40-100 radios monitoring it at any given time.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.