• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS5000 800/700 Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb6sub

Premium Subscriber
I have a XTS5000 radio that is set up with 700 Mhz segment of the band but doesn't cover an area around it that I want to use P25 with. Is there a know Motorola radio program or software that will open the radio up a little further? Anyone had this issue?

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
You have to set up the band plan correctly for 700 MHz operation. Frequency split, base frequency, and offsets all have to be correctly configured.

Trunking is only EASY if it's an 800 MHz system because of the standardized channel plans. For every other band, it takes more work.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Elroy, that's not what he's asking.

wb6sub, what frequencies are you trying to program in?

You should be able to hex edit the CPS to allow slightly out of band operation.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
769.00625 and 799.00625 are the first valid frequencies.

If you want to go lower, you'll have to hex edit the CPS file to change the limits.

wb6sub

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to put in 769.41875 RX 799.41875 TX and 769.68125 RX 799.68125 TX. As for the Hex editing I have never done that and I am pretty sure I would be able to do it if someone talks me through it.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
On the "Zone" screen make sure your "Tx Opt Transmit Dev" is set to 2.5 kHz.

melvin1987

Premium Subscriber
It does work, but why won't the 700Mhz voice channels in the scan list unmute? The only method to hear the voice channels/TG's is to turn the knob selector and hold the monitor button because the scan mode does not work.

Last edited:

melvin1987

Premium Subscriber
Flashcode: 540008-000482-4

D12 B1 Q806: ASTRO IMBE Digital Operation
D12 B3 H14: Enhanced Digital ID Display
D11 B3 H869: Hardware Multikey Encryption
D7 B4 H38: SmartZone Systems Operation
D3 B3 Q173: SmartZone Omnilink MultiZone Operation
D2 B4 Q361: ASTRO 25 9600 Baud Trunking
D1 B2 Q446: Fireground Voice/Channel Announcement

SCPD

QRT
In the part you not unmuting audio, are you sure you have the correct connect tone if it's a trunk system? Proper nac/pl/dpl in conventional and or muting conditions? Might skim through those and make sure your programmed correctly. I believe Mike was inquiring to see your actual codeplug. You could use his email link and email him it.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
In the part you not unmuting audio, are you sure you have the correct connect tone if it's a trunk system? Proper nac/pl/dpl in conventional and or muting conditions? Might skim through those and make sure your programmed correctly. I believe Mike was inquiring to see your actual codeplug. You could use his email link and email him it.

Connect Tone, PL and DPL are not used in P25 trunking systems.

Could be an improper NAC code though.

I suggest you find somebody familiar with the system and send your codeplug to them.

SCPD

QRT
I know, your correct. I figure if a nac is off and he is using other conventional he may need to go through it all.

jim202

Is this a conventional P25 channel or is this part of a trunking system?

It would help you if you provided some more details on just what your trying to do.

How many channels are set up in the zone your putting these channels into?

Are these channels included in your scan list?

Are you putting the radio into scan when your having problems hearing any audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.