News Outlets Rhode Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA1LMC

I am trying to locate two way frequencies and repeater information for WJAR, WPRI & WLNE TV stations. I am not sure if they exist but they once did on conventional UHF frequencies but I am sure they have gone into trunked operations or Mototurbo. And ideas?

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
The database listing for one of those stations: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=4273

You'll find news media on HF 26mhz, VHF 153mhz and 161mhz, and much more commonly on UHF 450mhz and 455mhz. These bands are called broadcast auxiliary remote pickup (RP).

You can search the FCC database for these frequencies and see what emission (mode) they're using. License Search - Advanced License Search

If they went digital on their frequencies in the RP band, it is almost certainly NXDN as Mototurbo is apparently not permitted.They also could have joined a local business trunking system,

Based on experience most field crews communicate back to the station via cellular. At least in my market, they only use their UHF frequencies to communicate with their helicopter.

byndhlptom

News Radio

be aware that is the station(s) have changed hands since any license(s) were issued, they may still be listed under the old Call/Buisness name. A lot of buisneses are using old accounts/licenses/assets under DBA (doing buisness as) new Call/Name.

frankie811

Broadcastify

Does anyone listen to Prov Fire on Broadcastify? The audio lately has been terrible and the transmissions immediately repeat themselves, or am I hearing more than one tower relaying messages? Like a one second delay during broadcast.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
WLNE hasn't had a repeater in years.
IIRC, WJAR's repeater is also MIA.
WPRI's repeater was formerly used for the helicopter, and occasionally used for production events. It still transmits a CW from the "Fleet Building" site in downtown Providence.
All are 450MHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.