New Talkgroup on Mass State zone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1UAM

Right now I'm hearing comms on TG 1104 on zone 3. Comms are related to the medal of honor Blackhawk rides. Any name for this talk group? I don't see anything listed for this one???

KB1UAM

That's on the Massport system. Is that the same talk group for zone 3 on MSP? I know massport has its own system separate from Msp

garys

Premium Subscriber
Apparently they were flying in Blackhawks to various schools in Eastern MA. Which would explain why they might have been heard on Zone 3.

Most of the F Troop operations for today's event were on Talk Group 69 "F Troop Tactical". 69 x 16=1104

Gordon

garys

Premium Subscriber
It's easier if you stop thinking of MSP, Logan, Cambridge, as separate systems. They are sites sites or maybe "nodes" on what Bill is accurately calling the Commonwealth trunk system. Even if that's not it's official name.

All of these sites as well as the Zone 1 Boston/State site and the 700 Mhz overlay use the same Motorola controller. They are all interlinked to some level.

TG 69 is a MSP digital talk group used on the Logan system. If they go out of that area and into one that is analog, the radio will revert to analog.

Back some years ago Boston changed all of their talk groups to eliminate any duplicates so that the Zone 1 and then existing City of Boston trunk system could be merged. Since then, all talk groups are coordinated so that there are no conflicts.

That's on the Massport system. Is that the same talk group for zone 3 on MSP? I know massport has its own system separate from Msp

Status
Not open for further replies.