• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

p7200 tdma problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanabe

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I have a p7200 with r20a.. xgp programmed by RPM r10... I have a tdma phase 2 sys. that has been programmed to receive only. My problem is that I only hear partial and scattered conversations that come in for 2-3 seconds every couple of minutes. All the other p25 and edacs systems that are programmed in the radio work fine. Would this be cc order issue? Or iden problem? I've got a 6.25kHz in iden programmed instead of 12.5kHz. I've been reading and cannot find any solution to my predicament. Could any one possibly point me in the right direction with this? TIA

DisasterGuy

You need XGP5 and at least RPM11 with an AAC license for that system. Also, I assume you have features the radio for TDMA?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
The 7200 with a specific firmware revision is a special case. I don't recall the details, but if you have that firmware in a 7200 you can monitor a TDMA system without having the TDMA feature in the radio.

The firmware in question ignores the absence of option 47.

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
P7200 and M7200 radios with XGP R02a26 firmware, programmed with RPM R10b07 will RECEIVE Phase-2 comms without having the Phase-2 bit ( # 47) enabled.

The 7200's are not OFFICIALLY supported by Harris PSPC for Phase-2 communications (TRANSMIT and receive) until XGP R05 firmware and RPM R11 (which also requires Feature Bit 47 to be enabled and a valid AAC .dslc file on the computer) to program a radio onto a Project-25 Trunked System.

snoopyII

wanabe- its not a CC order issue, provided that in set options CC limits are set at "All Chan" which is the default. P25T is not like EDACS where the channels have to be in a certain order. I would look at the IDen tables first. I know a radio can RX under the default tables, but if the actual tables differ from the default it may cause problems. (i.e. make sure the table is configured for TDMA) I just went through this myself, where the values were not set up correctly but the radio behavior was different than what you're describing. The best way I have found to obtain the proper values is some decoding software like Pro96Com. It will produce a tower log like the attached image.

Second, I would look to make sure you have ALL tower channels programmed in (this is a radio, not a scanner), the software should confirm what the RR DB shows.

Are we talking one particular TG on one particular site? or multiple TG's on mutiple sites?

Last edited:

wanabe

Premium Subscriber
Thank you guys for all your help...I'm just looking at one site...and 4-5 TGs... I will fire up RPM r10xxx in the morning and take a look at the iden tables...I'm looking at the new tdma syst. for the Clearwater, Fl. PD..I think there are some unitrunker shots of their system on the RR Fla. Clearwater p25 tdma thread....Thank you again for your help.

wanabe- its not a CC order issue, provided that in set options CC limits are set at "All Chan" which is the default. P25T is not like EDACS where the channels have to be in a certain order. I would look at the IDen tables first. I know a radio can RX under the default tables, but if the actual tables differ from the default it may cause problems. (i.e. make sure the table is configured for TDMA) I just went through this myself, where the values were not set up correctly but the radio behavior was different than what you're describing. The best way I have found to obtain the proper values is some decoding software like Pro96Com. It will produce a tower log like the attached image.

Second, I would look to make sure you have ALL tower channels programmed in (this is a radio, not a scanner), the software should confirm what the RR DB shows.

Are we talking one particular TG on one particular site? or multiple TG's on mutiple sites?

wanabe

Premium Subscriber
Thank you everyone for your help...Here are 2 screen shots of a Pro96com and Unitrunker base plan for the Harris tdma system I am trying to program into the p7200 with r02a26 firmware. Notice the difference in slot order. And base 854.00000. The Pro96com puts them at 00 and 8. ( I know 0=1 in RPM r10a15..same with 8=9?) Unitrunker puts them at 1 and 2. Confused at what order I should put them. If you can, please let me know what I'm doing wrong. Thank you

Attachments

• Unitrunker Clwtr tdma P25 base (2).jpg
    Unitrunker Clwtr tdma P25 base (2).jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 363
  • Pro96com Clwtr tdma P25 base (1).jpg
    Pro96com Clwtr tdma P25 base (1).jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 361

wanabe

Premium Subscriber
Roger, DisasterGuy...I will do it now....Thank you and others, for your time and expertise.

You need to have FDMA is slots 1 and 2 and TDMA in 9 and 10.

wanabe

Premium Subscriber
Did as you said DisasterGuy.....Not a peep from the P7200...Stumped.!! Here is a screenshot of IDEN in RPM

Attachments

• RPM Screenshot.jpg
    RPM Screenshot.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:

wanabe

Premium Subscriber
Ok...Good news DisasterGuy and others who tried to help!! I'm getting Phase 1 calls...Thank you. Here is a screen shot of Control and alt channels...I guess its a mixed system. They have migrated from Edacs ProVoice to Harris P25... but still no TDMA Phase 2 coming through the P7200 (verified by scanner voice traffic and Pro96com ) I will keep trying and reading. Many thanks again.

Attachments

• Control and Voice channels.jpg
    Control and Voice channels.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Is the "TDMA capable" box checked for the system?

Nevermind, saw your screenshot.

wanabe

Premium Subscriber
Hey Ryan, Good to hear from you, Yes I was able to hear Phase 1 P25 traffic last night on this system (verified by pro688 scanner and Pro96com) but no P2 TDMA TGs. I have the right firmware, RPM , cc and hopfully the right IDEN banplan. I am stumped. If you can help, or know someone that can, let me know please. Thanks

Is the "TDMA capable" box checked for the system?

Nevermind, saw your screenshot.

claman5

Hello to the group,
I have been following all this about the P7200 TDMA P2. I am having all of the same problems. This is the first time I have seen anything pointing to this IDEN window. All I have ever used is the first row for all other IDEN SETS.
What does this window do with all the 16 rowes? and especialy #9 & 10?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.