Summit P-25 (New Franklin) changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
I noticed a change yesterday on the Summit P-25 system. I had some new talkgroups in 4-digit range. I payed a lot closer attention today.

While monitoring at work, I picked up what appears to be New Franklin FD and PD traffic on talkgroup 2259 and 2159. The DB has talkgroups in the 62xxx range.

RadioIDs are in the 2xxxx range. They were previously following state numbering, like 7728xxx and 7729xxx.

But wait, there's more. The original entry (in RRDB) is system BEE00-5E6, a single site P-25 Phase I system. The system is currently broadcasting as BEE00-6F4, a multi-site system. All of the existing frrequencies have been moved to site 1-04.

I'm not gonna touch the DB for a bit. I have a feeling the talkgroup and radioID changes may just be temporary. I'll let Unitrunker run against the system until Sunday night. Time to see what it grabs.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
More news. I noticed some more new talkgroups on the Barberton system today. I just ran a very quick 30-second Unitrunker scan on Barberton's system. I had to dig further and run a scan on Summit P25.

Barberton is now part of the Summit P25 system.

The control channels from both Barberton and Summit P25 are operating as two Phase II sites on Summit P25. Barberton is site 1-3 and Summit P25 is 1-4.

Exciting times!

jsoltis

Premium Subscriber
Barberton/Norton was doing a lot of radio maintenance yesterday (09/30/15). Could changes be coming soon?

jeffb

from https://co.summitoh.net/800mhz/index.php/home

OLD BUSINESS
Mr. Szabo provided an update on the AFG P25 project. He stated Motorola is finalizing their
work in anticipation of a cut over to the new master site on 8/16. He stated work continues on
the Aviat microwave install,
tem
plates, and radio programming with the expectation of
connecting the P25 sites to the master site in late September.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
I spent some time getting all that we know into the DB tonight:

* Updated the SysID, P-25 Phase II on Summit P25
* Updated Site Number, Name, neighbor, geocoding for South Summit (now Clinton) on Summit P25
* Added Barberton site to Summit P25
* Created placeholder categories for Norton and Barberton on Summit P25 (mirrored Barberton geocodes)
* Deprecated Barberton system

I also listened to both sites today. It seems that roaming is not enabled. New Franklin was only heard on the Clinton site, and Barberton/Norton were only on the Barberton site. I hope that will change once everything comes online.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Ran discovery mode from two radios (one per site) for two days, Everything I could ID was added. That should help those using the DB. I even managed to catch radio repair naming Norton's fire channel "Fire Main".

Here's what I couldn't ID:
2147 ??
2167 ??
2261 ?? PD "223 18"
2263 ??
2359 nothing heard
2395 ??
2793 Barberton FD ??
3845 ??

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
More changes...

The Bath system is scheduled to be migrated to Summit P25 today. I put a 536HP in discovery mode in Bath this morning.

From at least 0630 to when I left for work at 0730, there was still some traffic on Bath. I'm monitoring from work now. No control channel. MAC 4 currently has 200 units running on it. Looks like the change is in process.

Nasby

So eventually (by 2017 or so) all of Summit County will be on this system?

jsoltis

Premium Subscriber
I'm away from home so no access to my scanner but listening to Barberton/Norton feed on the app and I am hearing traffic from Copley and possibly Bath

KWs

Premium Subscriber
Yes .. By mid 2017, the Akron / Summit system will become a true P25 county wide system.
One control channel. Inter operability with MARCS.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
The Barberton site did carry some traffic while the system changes were going on. Others went to MAC. Things seemed to settle down late afternoon. The Bath P-25 control channel is now site 1-2 on Summit P25.

Everyone will be switching over. At the end of the migration, the bath, barberton, clinton, richfield, and summit separate sites will all operate as a single simulcast system. I imagine that each site will still need to be programmed if you want to get full listening coverage of the county.

Hummer8290

Premium Subscriber
So I understand correctly. What current was on summit 800 will still be phase 1,for now ,but the systems that combined are phase 2 groups,that will need a capable scanner. I have a PRO 651. Only listen to Northfield Village FD,which is all I want to,presently

KWs

Premium Subscriber
The new Akron / Summit P25 system will operate in Phase 1 until MARCS goes Phase 2 .. If they ever do.

Hummer8290

Premium Subscriber
So as long as I have these new sites programmed ,I'm good? I'm a little confused. Is it simulcast ,so when I program these new talkgroups,I'll here them off the twinsburg tower ?

Nasby

The new Akron / Summit P25 system will operate in Phase 1 until MARCS goes Phase 2 .. If they ever do.

But I wonder why the new P25 system, which has Bath, Fairlawn, etc. is listed as a Phase 2 system in the database?

I'm kinda confused too as I had always heard that the Summit P25 will be Phase 1 so shouldn't it be a Phase 1 system in the database?

I'm too far north to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.