NCO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix805

Anybody know what NCO stands for on the fire depart dispatch web page? They're working a fire at 15200 W Jomax, with NCO shown as the location. Looks like Sun City West units are on the scene. I know where Sun City West is, and the address is in the desert north of there, but what the heck does NCO represent?

They also show T761 on scene, I would assume a water TANKER, but I can't find any references to 760 units. 729 (Buckeye) is the highest number I have in my notes. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bob

KB7MIB

751-759 is Wickenburg. (I think they actually use 7501, 7502, etc, from the few times I've heard them while roaming around Bell Rd/Sun Valley Parkway when Wickenburg got hammered by storms.)

761-764 is Wittmann. Dispatched by Rural/Metro now on R/M's channels.

765-769 is Circle City-Morristown.

I don't know what NCO stands for.

Edit: At 5pm, there was still an SCW engine and brush truck on scene, along with MCSO. I'm going to throw out a guess that NCO stands for North COunty.

John
Peoria

Last edited:

Phoenix805

Thanks John, I updated my station info. North County seems a little far-fetched to me, but I sure don't have any better ideas, so unless someone comes up with something different, I'll buy it for now. :)
Bob

sfatony

Premium Subscriber
Noticed on map that Noterra Canyon School is near that location. maybe the NC stands for Noterra Canyon. No idea what the O may stand for?

Phoenix805

hmmm, interesting find, but the NCO incident was north of Sun City, about 152 Ave, about 15 miles west of Noterra Canyon School, which is east of I-10, so I kind of doubt it, but who knows, anything's possible.

sfatony

Premium Subscriber
You are right. When I put address in search on map brought me to W Jomack Rd. north of Phoenix!

KB7MIB

I was partly right, North County :)

(I just thought Alarm was designating areas outside of munincipal limits as either North, South, East or West County lol)

John
Peoria

Phoenix805

To quote Arte Johnson from Laugh In - Verrry Interesting! Thanks for the info guys, and especially CKennedy. Now we know. Yep MIB, you were partially right with your North County, we just didn't know it was now an official designation for a specific fire district.

I was looking over their web page and they say they 'own, operate, and staff' their own ambulances like Phoenix does. With the recent buy outs of several ambulance firms, that's probably a good thing.

KB7MIB

Yep, they've been running their own Medic units for some time now. Since their independance from Rural/Metro, maybe?

They designate them Medic units, instead of Rescue like Phoenix does, because the crews are not firefighters, they're only EMT/Paramedic's.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.