Database for Area 51 recent update

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Theaton are you trying to make us laugh? What in the world makes you post this stuff? I thought only verified freqs and alpha tags get to the rrdb? Is this April 1st? All of them in AM mode? This is your "COME ON MAN!!???" moment. If you're just trying to see who's paying attention I'd say sign me in for #1.

I'm not trying to get you mad please hear me out. I really appreciate your work and help with rrdb. Let's remember I sent a ton of info on another system and we agree until verified not to add to rrdb.

So what is this stuff?

k1agh

Premium Subscriber
Technically Area 51 would use federal freqs but encrypted correct? They have security that uses radios, a plane that lands there from Las Vegas,heck it has a tower and assigned airport code. Is it possible that these are correct for this facility? I did see some videos on youtube that showed the camo men security officers using normal looking radios to communicate with each other.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Area 51

Technically they use this system Nevada Test and Training Range (Project 25) Trunking System, Rachel, Nevada - Scanner Frequencies and then there is a load of UHF Military and VHF aircraft freqs. Then of course they have the UAV bands and above for other stuff.

My point was why post a freq and alpha tag on not much more than a "BEEP"?? "BUS"? "Tower"? How was this determined? Real Voice over 800/900 in AM? Really? Does not fall into the rrdb submission requirements of identified verified.

297.65 already identified as TTR UHF

Last edited:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
There was an actual submission for these in case anyone wondered.
And actually wasn't rejected. WTF.

I hear the UFOs like 800 inputs in AM cuz us listeners would not expect them there. Wait, no, I did not hear that I'm being told now via the voices.

2wayfreq

So, one would assume that the UHF EDACS AEGIS system for "Dreamland" has been ripped out and the 380MHz system has replaced it?

PJH

Premium Subscriber
I went in months ago and cleaned up the LV and Mil systems. There was a bunch of stuff that I thought was questionable but I cant just go in and remove it without a valid reason/submission.

If there is information that should be removed - or added - (and with explanation) please make a submission.

I've been questioning a bunch of submissions (in general) lately. I've been doing a bunch on weeding out cut/paste jobs. Some people do, some don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.