Ulster County EDACS Port Ewen System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech1

There are some changes going on with this system. Many of the users are being switch to another system, does anyone know what that is ? I read somewhere that these radios are no longer being supported and the switch has to be made before 2017. The CitiBus radios were switched to Motorola and
it seems now the Fire Trucks were switched over as well. There is no activity from either of these users on the EDACS system. Can anyone help ?

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
There are some changes going on with this system. Many of the users are being switch to another system, does anyone know what that is ? I read somewhere that these radios are no longer being supported and the switch has to be made before 2017. The CitiBus radios were switched to Motorola and
it seems now the Fire Trucks were switched over as well. There is no activity from either of these users on the EDACS system. Can anyone help ?

What is the other user? You mentioned CitiBus, but you didn't mention which Fire Dept, I'm assuming Kingston FD. CitiBus is more then likely on Nycomco's MotoTrbo Connect Plus System, Nycomco has been moving NON-Public safety over to their their connect plus system. As far as the Fire Dept maybe they went back to conventional, maybe someone who knows a little more will chime in.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
As far as the actual radios being supported, that is untrue. The infrastructure equipment like the systems controllers maybe, but not the actual radios them self's

Tech1

I'm referring to the Kingston City FD and the Kingston CitiBus. KPD and Town of Ulster PD used to be operating on this system as well and they have seemed to disappeared. Is there anyone who works for NYCOMM who posts on any of these forums might be able to shed some light on this ? The Kingston CitiBus radios were switched to Motorola if that helps any.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
If all of these users were switched to a Motorola system, then how come radio reference's database wasn't update ?

Because the database is based on user submissions. Someone needs to find the system and talk groups they are on, confirm that it is them, and then submit the data to the RRDB for updating.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I'm referring to the Kingston City FD and the Kingston CitiBus. KPD and Town of Ulster PD used to be operating on this system as well and they have seemed to disappeared. Is there anyone who works for NYCOMM who posts on any of these forums might be able to shed some light on this ? The Kingston CitiBus radios were switched to Motorola if that helps any.

You won't find anyone from NYCOMCO posting any updates to any of their systems in here. When someone is hired at NYCOMCO they sign an agreement saying they will not disclose any information.

Chances of Kingston PD or Town of Ulster PD being on the Motorola Connect Plus system are very slim. The very few PD's in the area that have gone to DMR were on a stand alone site not on the trunking network.

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
Kingston police and fire departments are active on the EDACS system as of today. The Town of Ulster police are also active on EDACS. All of the Kingston public works radio traffic is gone from EDACS.

Tech1

The other day I heard a Fire Call Dispatched for the Kingston City Fire Dept on 154.235 and there was no reply on the Trunked System. The ID for the City Fire response is 06-117 and I heard nothing. All the employees at NYCOMM sign a document not to disclose any information ? It should be public knowledge.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
What system did they switch the Kingston DPW to ? How do I find where the CitiBus went to ?

Kingston DPW, and Kingston CitiBus are on the Connect Plus system.

You might want to double check your programming in your scanner, another user has commented stating that the talkgroups are still active.

Yes the employees sign an agreement not to discuss any of their system's information with anyone other then who they work with. They did this to protect them self's from someone giving company information to a competing company.

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
Here is the log of activity on Kingston EDACS for the past few days. Kingston police and fire, Ulster County agencies, and the Town of Ulster police seem to be all that is left on the system. Some of the log entries may be just affiliations and not transmissions.

Code:
Kingston EDACS log
NYCOMCO                   02-005
Orange County Police Intersystem     04-023
Ulster County 9-1-1     link to VHF     06-037
Kingston PD     Dispatch         06-041
Kingston PD     Car to car         06-043
Kingston PD     Special Events         06-045
Kingston PD     TAC 2 digital         06-050
Kingston PD     Citywide 1         06-051
unknown                    06-056
Ulster County Sheriff - Sheriff Patrol     06-064
Ulster County - County Building     06-074
Ulster Co. - County Building Security     06-075
Ulster County     Family Court         06-077
Ulster County Resource Recovery Agency     06-081
unknown                    06-083
Town of Ulster PD     Dispatch     06-084
Town of Ulster PD     TAC 1         06-085
Ulster County     Mental Health         06-093
Kingston FD F-1     Dispatch     06-117
Kingston FD F-2     Fireground     06-123
unknown                    06-124
unknown     digital         06-131
unknown     digital         08-112

KC2zZe

All the employees at NYCOMM sign a document not to disclose any information ? It should be public knowledge.
Why should a business arrangement between an employee and employer be public knowledge?

06-083 is an additional talkgroup for Resource Recovery
06-124 is Kingston FD's emergency talkgroup (the talkgroup that radios switch to when the distress, typically orange, button is activated)

By digital, do you mean ProVoice?

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the updates on the two groups. This site has been on the air a long time and I think originally the digital groups were Aegis. I have no way to tell if they remain Aegis or are ProVoice. Either way I don't have the facility to monitor those groups and they may be encrypted.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Aegis hasn't been used for a while now, anything Digital on EDACS is ProVoice.

Tech1

I know for a fact that the Kingston CitiBus dept. was switched to Motorola radios, because I was able to photograph the front of one. On the front of the radio on the right side under the Motorola name it says the following "XPR 5350". Across the top of the radio it says "SN 511 TPF2377 ID-2013".

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
It's been a while but I believe the original EDACS radios most agencies leased by NYCOMCO were the PCS and MRK II portables and Orion mobiles. LPE-200 and LPE-50s that were issued out after the PCS/MRK's were programmed with AEGIS. I know City of Newburgh Detective 2A and 3A were both AEGIS back then. They may have switched to Provoice with the P5100s and M7100/P7100 series but there was so little digital traffic and it was only a couple of the Cities on one or two of their TACs that I didnt bother to care.

Status
Not open for further replies.