Putnam County SO Analog Freq wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

biomedbob

Premium Subscriber
In the database the SO is shown as 153.6725.

After listening for several years.....this is hit and miss.

I dug out my old SC230 and am hearing them fine on 153.6750.

I don't know who to contact to change the database!

KF4BR

mdulrich

Feed Provider

W3DMV

The frequency in the data base is correct. The SC230 scanner was built long
before narrow banding and only programs in 5 Khz steps.
The two are so close it wouldn't matter anyway. The SC230 had a very wide
filter....

biomedbob

Premium Subscriber
Can't quite understand how you can be so certain the frequency is correct from Pennsylvania!

I put the153.6750 frequency into my HP-1E and have logged more hits than ever before!

Would like to have more input from from folks somewhat closer to Putnam.

KF4BR

This channel is for interoperability between counties that surround Putnam that are not mototrbo to Putnam County. This is not used on a regular bases.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
All data is verified and correct. The former radio guy for PCSO verified everything we have listed. It is 153.6725 Narrowband FM. It is rarely getting much use now as most ops are pure DMR on the other freqs.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQQD200 - PUTNAM COUNTY JAIL

PUTNAM COUNTY JAIL
421 E SPRING ST
COOKEVILLE, TN 38501
ATTN TREY HASSIER
P:(931)528-8484
F:(931)528-7043
E:TREY.HASSLER@SHERIFF.PUTNAMCOUNTYTN.GOV

Contact
PUTNAM COUNTY JAIL
TREY E HASSLER
421 E SPRING ST
COOKEVILLE, TN 38501
P:(931)265-0691
F:(931)528-7043
E:TREY.HASSLER@SHERIFF.PUTNAMCOUNTYTN.GOV

Land Mobile Data
Extended Implementation (Slow Growth) Assoc.Call Signs
Eligibility
90.35(A4) - GOVERNMENT ENTITY. RADIOS WILL BE USED TO COORDINATE JAIL/CLINIC OPERATIONS.

biomedbob

Premium Subscriber
FWIW (And I know it's not much) I haven't heard any jail traffic......

Just traffic stops, 28's 29's and there was a conversation yesterday with a Monterey unit regarding a dead bear hit by a car.

Maybe I have magic receivers!

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Mr. Hassler is the former radio guy for Putnam County. He supplied us with very good data on the entire system. Those freqs are originally lice'd for the jail, but were put into use as the analog interop "bridge" for the county. At one point he even had an feed of the primary SO DMR from the dispatch center, but that was pulled after they got an new Sheriff, who is not as open minded as the old one was. They have not updated the Licenses yet to remove Mr. Hassler's info for the contact data, as he no longer works for Putnam County. He is still active on here sometimes, so there is an chance he will read this and confirm it. Or, you can do an search for all the posts about Putnam County's system and read his posts yourself.

biomedbob

Premium Subscriber
The new Sheriff, Eddie, might have changed some things. I didn't think my ears were hearing things.

Still don't understand how folks miles away have a better understanding how, what, and where, I hear!

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
I lived in TN for a couple of years, and made a lot of contacts there, as well as keeping in touch with the fine folks that still live there. Those contacts keep me informed as to a lot of the changes and things. As well as all the great listeners that keep data submitted to us so we can keep the db as accurate as we can. Just because a person doesn't live there currently does not mean they don't keep an "ear on things". They may have relatives, friends, business associates etc in TN. Not to mention that insider information from the ones that maintain, build, design, and work with those systems do submit a lot of good data. A lot of that has to remain anonymous due to legal reasons etc, but you can be assured, most of the data given is accurate. Not to mention that a lot of us have been doing the "scanner thang" for an very long time and do know what we are talking about in reference to how they work, and what's really going on with issues, and we have at least 2 or 3 folks on here that work for Uniden, Whistler, and I believe works with AOR . And then lastly, there are an lot of us on the site that work for Harris, EFJ, iCom, Kenwood, and yes Motorola, and in radio related jobs including dispatching etc for Public Safety and do know a tad about how this works. Not being rude or the like, just stating facts.

thassler

Been away for a while, hope everyone is well. I took some time off, finished by B.S. degree and I'm now back working at the Putnam County Sheriff's Office. I can confirm that the 153.6725 is the interop gateway for slot 2 on the Sheriff/EMS IP site connect system. You should be hearing analog transmissions of patrol/dispatch traffic on that frequency. The jail is transmitting analog on 154.9725 with a TPL of 94.8.

motohead10

Premium Subscriber
Been away for a while, hope everyone is well. I took some time off, finished by B.S. degree and I'm now back working at the Putnam County Sheriff's Office. I can confirm that the 153.6725 is the interop gateway for slot 2 on the Sheriff/EMS IP site connect system. You should be hearing analog transmissions of patrol/dispatch traffic on that frequency. The jail is transmitting analog on 154.9725 with a TPL of 94.8.

Welcome back Mr. Hassler

Status
Not open for further replies.