Unitrunker + 2xRTL-SDR Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to get this working for days. Here is my setup. I've got qty. 2 RTL-SDRs hooked up to my machine. Both have been confirmed to work with SDR#. I've also noted the correct ppm offset.

I am trying to listen to this EDACS system: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5241

I've been following this tutorial: RTL-SDR Tutorial: Following Trunked Radio with Unitrunker - rtl-sdr.com

I installed Unitrunker 1.0.32.7 on Windows 7.

This is the configuration for my 'signal' - the control signal receiver.
01cagBE.png

u8FxCNK.png

By unmuting this channel, I can hear the control signal very well - just like on SDR#.

This is my config for my 'voice' receiver

5hQv09t.png

EQw4LBh.png

I have never heard any sounds from this receiver.

This is my "receivers" page:

TmWDADk.png

This is my Site 1 window. Note that the Target IDs are valid from the RR DB reference. I typed the frequences from the RR page into the list associated with the LCNs. Not sure if this is correct or not?

KJtPVPE.png

I've also tried playing with the audio output settings to no avail. I have been unsuccessful hearing *anything* except the unmuted control channel. What should I try to fix this?

Thanks!
Joshua

SCPD

QRT
Thank you the thorough description. Try this ...

Stop both Realteks.

Start the voice role Realtek and follow the squelch procedure so the VCO is quiet when no one is talking.

Park the voice role VCO on the control channel and follow the calibration procedure(s).

Once you're happy, start both Realteks. Allow a few minutes warm-up time.

When the site window appears - uncheck Discover on the signal role VCO.

Status
Not open for further replies.