Enid NXDN testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I wonder what kind of testing would cause their simulcast radio to not simulcast over to analog?

I'll likely be in the area, so I'm going to TRY and bring my radio / dsd to monitor the NXDN system to see what is up.

From Enid newspaper
Enid Police Department will begin testing on its radio system at 7 a.m. Monday.
Due to the test, the simulcast from digital to analog will be down until further notice.
This will affect people listening to scanners, EPD Capt. Jack Morris said.

AI7PM

Premium Subscriber
Rebanding? The analog simulcast is a non-nonessential item. During testing or reconfiguring of the system, techs would remove, disconnect, or eliminate from the equasion, anything not pertinant to the system's actual purpose.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
They just put the system online a year or so ago. I have a friend that is an officer there. They keep complaining of the quality, so who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Rebanding? The analog simulcast is a non-nonessential item. During testing or reconfiguring of the system, techs would remove, disconnect, or eliminate from the equasion, anything not pertinant to the system's actual purpose.

Not an 800 MHz system so rebanding isn't the issue.

fast2okc

Database Admin
Since the City of Enid in on a NXDN island (no one else within 50 miles uses it) they have kept the old VHF frequencies linked to communicate with others around them. According to their IT person, the system is working pretty well and allows them to do some things they could not do with the old system --like license readers and ticket printers in the cars.

This was several months ago and he told me they had an issue that every time the fire department did radio tests (Monday at 7 am) it took down all the links and they had to be manually reset. He was honestly concerned that this meant that scanner listeners could not hear them.. He told me they get a lot of help from local scanner listeners.

Anyway, he is the one that has to reset the links, and sometimes he gets busy and forgets.

Status
Not open for further replies.