Denton P-25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swipesy

I program and maintain a PSR 800 radio for a friend of mine who lives in Denton County. I see that many talkgroups have now been posted for the new Denton P-25 system but can anyone tell me if that system is actually in use? I appears to me by listening to Broadcastfly that the Analog system is still in use.

Thanks for any information on the P-25 status.

John

jasday

Denton county is still on the analog system as of right now. I don't think that they new system has even been approved for Denton City and County. What you might be seeing is the Fort Worth Regional system. The reason it is listed under Denton Co is the site that is at the Speedway, which is inside of Denton County. If I remember correctly, Denton Co and City will be on a separate system, and not on the Regional system.

Last edited:

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
There is a control channel up on 773.65625, but I haven't heard any activity yet. I imagine it's still months away from anyone moving to it.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Denton county is still on the analog system as of right now. I don't think that they new system has even been approved for Denton City and County. What you might be seeing is the Fort Worth Regional system. The reason it is listed under Denton Co is the site that is at the Speedway, which is inside of Denton County.
The Denton Phase II P25 system has been added to the database as a 'stand alone' system, not part of FWRRS.
Denton County Public Safety (P25) System Trunking System, Denton, Texas - Scanner Frequencies
But like jasday noted, all the Denton County traffic is still on the analog site.

Apparently, it will not be a sub-system of FWRRS, unlike Irving & Grand Prairie are, and Arlington will be. I see that the Arlington site has also been added to FWRRS.
If I remember correctly, Denton Co and City will be on a separate system. and not on the Regional system.
That's my understanding as well, based on past posts, that Denton (city) will remain on their own, separate, system.

nd5y

I was receiveing it a few days ago and Unitrunker picked up several radio IDs and TGID 3 was the only active talkgroup. Somebody is using it or at least playing with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.