FBI Los Angeles

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
found this and there is activity, they all use the same Astro IDs.

167.6625Mhz will not post the NAC.

kma371

QRT
All air units must use 3410, because I'm picking one up here in the central valley with same ID

SCPD

QRT
Is it in the clear or encrypted?
in the clear, that NAC posted does NOT work nor does the universal NAC work. it's nothing too exciting just typical surveillance. they have a Tac channel they use that I can't find yet.

kma371

QRT
in the clear, that NAC posted does NOT work nor does the universal NAC work. it's nothing too exciting just typical surveillance. they have a Tac channel they use that I can't find yet.

If it's not 167 it might not be FBI because that's what is typically used. Freq looks FBI though.

SCPD

QRT
If it's not 167 it might not be FBI because that's what is typically used. Freq looks FBI though.
hmm, some more information: they use NATO phonetics not the LAPD phonetics.

I'd like to know what or who they are?

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
hmm, some more information: they use NATO phonetics not the LAPD phonetics.

I'd like to know what or who they are?

There was an operation up here in the Bay Area a few months back that involved surveillance of a subject for a week or so. They operated on a known FBI frequency and a federal "Common" frequency, mostly in the clear. They used both military and civil phonetics. According to the news release after they made their arrest, multiple federal agencies were involved. This could be what you are monitoring...a mix of Feds working as a task force of some kind on an agency common channel.

SCPD

QRT
Well what was the NAC you monitored?
Isn't that private stuff?
I'll be happy to post if that's OK to?
all honesty, I feel that after posting this finding the users using that frequency now have to either go encrypted or switch channels and NACs. you know that saying don't ask don't tell policy.... yeah I screwed that up. Haha.

just saying....

kma371

QRT
Isn't that private stuff?
I'll be happy to post if that's OK to?
all honesty, I feel that after posting this finding the users using that frequency now have to either go encrypted or switch channels and NACs. you know that saying don't ask don't tell policy.... yeah I screwed that up. Haha.

just saying....

It's not private if you monitored it, but you are under no obligation to post it. We might be able to tell who it was by the NAC though.

Status
Not open for further replies.