Mount Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

BM82557

Anyone monitor Mount Weather? I've copied encryption on 169.2375 and 173.8375 with both having a NAC of 1 not 293 as listed in the database. No activity on 172.6625.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 9_28_2015 , 11_35_43.jpg
    Screenshot - 9_28_2015 , 11_35_43.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 976

djewel6

Mt Weather

I doubt you will EVER pick up anything monitoring them. Mt Weather is spook central run by Homeland Security officially but its also one of the Alt National Command Sites.. That place has security that rivals only the CIA, DIA, DMA and a couple others. If you hear anything in the clear its because its a rare time they dont care or somebody somehow got their enc turned off on their radio by accident.. I used to run in Loudoun County many years ago and the security there the one time we went up was insane. They could tell you anything and everything about you when you got to the front gate.

jim202

I would love to go up there and see it from a security stand point

Not much to see. If you don't know where to look, it's like most government facilities from the outside. High chain link fence along the whole perimeter. Going in the main gate, unless you have an ID card for the facility, you have to go through the security office building beside the main gate. Visitors must have been pre qualified and checked before you get a visitors badge. That is with already having a government security clearance.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
A few years ago I went over over it after a really bad storm. Ended up following a blacked out Suburban. When we got a tree in the road, they flipped on their red and blue lights. Two guys in black BDUs got out and moved it. If you want to see what's there, use Google Maps to see a lot of it. There is a helipad that's active pretty much daily.

I used to monitor them many years ago. Once they went digital, everything went encrypted even the shuttle buses.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

rnehls

Premium Subscriber
They have not. I draw a paycheck from those folks. They have their own dedicated frequencies that are P25 and the radio's are encrypted by default with no way for the end users to deactivate the encryption.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone checked the 378-400 MHz range? They could have migrated to the NCR system like most everyone else in the region. Including Site-R (Raven Rock), to their north.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4699

Kind of late for me to point it out but the move to 380-380 MHz was by DOD users. Mt. Weather (although certainly DOD is present) is not a DOD operation but a FEMA operation. This excludes it from the move to 380-400 MHz.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone checked the 378-400 MHz range? They could have migrated to the NCR system like most everyone else in the region. Including Site-R (Raven Rock), to their north.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4699

Anyone else find it interesting that across RT7 from Blue Ridge Mountain Rd, the road going north is Raven Rocks Road?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
Anyone else find it interesting that across RT7 from Blue Ridge Mountain Rd, the road going north is Raven Rocks Road?

those mountains are all connected by tunnels deep in the earth. They have high speed rail cars that connect them, except that there is an underground aquifer that connects Camp David to Raven Rock so they can securely transfer the President by submarine. B-)

EarlSuitor

Premium Subscriber
It's named Raven Rocks Rd because Raven Rocks is on the AT near there. I think it's coincidence that Site R has that name..... (?)

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
Speaking of government spooks, my BCD436HP alerted me to a close call... 173.5375mhz and it was encrypted. Freaks me out a little whenever that happens, having had a recent negative experience with a handful of government alphabet soup agencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.