Peoria P25 Help BCD536HP Weird Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

n9rmg

Hello All,

I am having a very strange issue with Peoria ETSB P25. I am hoping someone could help me as I have been everywhere searching for this problem and haven't found a similar issue. I am new to Digital Scanners, just bought a BCD536HP scanner last week.

The problem I am having is my scanner will not lock on the Peoria P25 channels when I scan through all channels, not a signal issue, it doesn't even lock in the city of Peoria or surrounding communities. If I go to that SYSTEM on the scanner and HOLD and just scan the channels in that System, it sticks on Simulcast ID Scanning. However, when I Hold the DEPT at Peoria (City) and then SCAN the city, it finds the signal and locks, the same way with the rest of the Peoria County Frequencies under the same system. I can then scan through the rest of my radio with hits from Peoria and Peoria County. I have to do this everytime I get in the car so I can hear Peoria.

I do have Illinois State Police P25 programmed and it does what its suppose to do, just dont have a clue why Im having a hard time with Peoria.

I have tried Reprogramming (USB) and tried to seperate that system in a different favorites folder and nothing helped.

Any help would be appreciated.

n9rmg

P25 Peoria Simulcast

I figured out the problem with my first question. Second, I am getting the P25 Simulcast system better now, I turned on Att. which I read could be the issue, it helped my problem all around. Now, the problem is its choppy sometimes and sometimes its not, and the signal goes from strong to weak by itself on my BCD996P2 Base. I can pick up state without any problems, clear as day and it is not choppy, not even a tad.

Any help on any other settings would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.