HVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
The current way its listed makes it difficult to locate. Not many people know to look under Emergent Health Partners to locate HVA.

Paul

krokus

Premium Subscriber
The current way its listed makes it difficult to locate. Not many people know to look under Emergent Health Partners to locate HVA.

Paul

Since they are more than just HVA, it makes sense. The HVA labeled rigs cover a large area, but the other rigs cover a larger total area. (MCA, LCA, JCA, HVAN, and Alliance.)

Sent via Tapatalk

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
I can see the point of keeping the Emergent Health Partners. I wonder if a note or something should be added because most people (especially newbies or people not from the area) would look up what they see printed on the side of the ambulance only to not find it listed in the database. The only real give away is the alpha tag listing.

Paul

RayAir

Are any of their Oakland county comms on the MPSCS?

I've seen "HVAD" come up occassionally while scanning on OpenSky but it isn't a profile channel for us so I can't select it exclusively.

GeneseeCoMI

I can see the point of keeping the Emergent Health Partners. I wonder if a note or something should be added because most people (especially newbies or people not from the area) would look up what they see printed on the side of the ambulance only to not find it listed in the database. The only real give away is the alpha tag listing.

Paul

I agree. It's too confusing how it is. They should be more specific. The description for 2237 should say Huron Valley Ambulance - Dispatch. I submitted an edit to the DB as such.

Also since Emergent also owns Jackson Community Ambulance, Livingston County Ambulance and Monroe Community Ambulance (per the HVA About Us page) their talkgroups should be under the Emergent section too. This would match the database layouts of other multi-agency companies such Community EMS and its subsidiaries.

Last edited:

kirk5056

Premium Subscriber
I get confused, not just with HVA, but with any "dispatch" channel as to who all they dispatch on that channel. For the HVA dispatch talk group it would be nice if the "description" box listed which of HVA's labels are on that talk group. So often on RR you will see notes that say for example "XX agency is dispatched by YY agency" but rarely does is say on which channel.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Are any of their Oakland county comms on the MPSCS?

I've seen "HVAD" come up occassionally while scanning on OpenSky but it isn't a profile channel for us so I can't select it exclusively.

Yes, all of them are on MPSCS.

D-1 is used for assignment of units to calls, or to staging points. Once assigned to a call, D-2 is used for all other comms, until the unit is back in service from the call.

The HVA units with 600-series are the "Eastern Ops" units, including the South Lyon, Milford, and Wixom based units. Occasionally a 100-series unit (based out of Ann Arbor) will provide coverage for those areas.

The exception to the above is the Alliance units, which use 400-series numbers, and are dispatched on D-5. Occasionally a 600-series unit will be sent for coverage, and shifted to D-5.

Sent via Tapatalk

RayAir

Yes, all of them are on MPSCS.

D-1 is used for assignment of units to calls, or to staging points. Once assigned to a call, D-2 is used for all other comms, until the unit is back in service from the call.

The HVA units with 600-series are the "Eastern Ops" units, including the South Lyon, Milford, and Wixom based units. Occasionally a 100-series unit (based out of Ann Arbor) will provide coverage for those areas.

The exception to the above is the Alliance units, which use 400-series numbers, and are dispatched on D-5. Occasionally a 600-series unit will be sent for coverage, and shifted to D-5.

Sent via Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I don't monitor the MPSCS too much. That OpenSky channel for HVAD must be a patch. I know they started patching Macomb County Sheriff to OpenSky recently as I don't recall ever hearing them until about a month ago.

Figured I'd verify HVAD was on the MPSCS in Oakland County.

Status
Not open for further replies.