How to program wildcard with BUTEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
How do I tell the software to put a wildcard on Ohio IP when I do not know a specific talk group? At what point SPECIFICALLY do I enter and where do i enter this? Thanks

JoeyC

If you are talking about the BC396XT 996XT as stated in your signature line, there is no such thing as programming a "wildcard" in a Uniden scanner. Use ID SEARCH for talkgroups you don't know or haven't programmed exclusively.

OOps, see that this is in RS section, so nevermind my comment about Uniden.

SCPD

QRT
wildcard

I need a more specific response as to how to do this. Its a learning curve I havent been able to cross yet. At what point in Butel do I do this, I add my town, use the county, go to OSP and the TG's are not yet listed but how do I tell it to wildcard/ Thanks

SCPD

QRT
Program OSP UNKNOWN Talkgroups with butel

Im prepping for the new IP but with Butel I need to know how to set up in the program an asterik so it leaves it open to search all Talkgroups, its called Wildcard but I cannot get an exact way how to do this other than add the asterik, but where do I do this , in what step of programming I need to update aPRO 652 for my local ffed with very specific instructions

Last edited:

Swipesy

Im prepping for the new IP but with Butel I need to know how to set up in the program an asterik so it leaves it open to search all Talkgroups, its called Wildcard but I cannot get an exact way how to do this other than add the asterik, but where do I do this , in what step of programming I need to update aPRO 652 for my local ffed with very specific instructions

I don't know if this will help you or not but here is how a wildcard looks on the PSR500 using PSRedit to program it. Should look similiar in Butel on 662.

John

Attachments

• Wildcard.jpg
    Wildcard.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 301

marksmith

You have to add a talkgroup to the system. Instead of entering a talkgroup number, enter "*".

If you need a more specific response than that, I would recommend reading the manual about adding talkgroups to a system

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

SCPD

QRT
wildcard

well this is about as Greek to me as I have ever seen. Suppose I will just wait it out until it goes deaf and until RR update the database. I appreciate the help, its one step I have no idea where to go to and put in that asterik GRRR!!!!

phask

Premium Subscriber
Are you using ARC500?

I see this :
Open or Closed Mode?

Open Mode: the scanner will stop on all active talkgroups. To use Open Mode program an '*' character as talkgroup. This is also referred to as a wildcard. ARC500 will by default always add a wildcard talkgroup when you add a new trunk system. Closed Mode: the scanner will only stop at talkgroups programmed in the Talkgroup grid and linked to the selected trunk system.

Posted here ARC500 User Guide - The RadioReference Wiki

The original question really has noting to do with OSP and all to do with software - post should be moved.

Swipesy

Wildcard

I don't use Butel so I have no systems but you can see how to do this. Pick a line, enter *

Attachments

• ARC.jpg
    ARC.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 469

SCPD

QRT
wildcard on BUTEL

Thanks swipesy for the update. Generally there are so many knowledgable people on here, but their ability to explain in detail leaves lacking any help they give. And then if you ask for more help you get ignored or chastised for having a subject matter in the wrong area. RR, there needs to be a better way to get help in an active forum instead of having to post over and over. My two cents!!

Status
Not open for further replies.