Timmins feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanK

Premium Subscriber
Hello listeners. My feeds are the Timmins Flight Service. Within this, there is the 24-hour FSS, maintenance, London FSS via remote for weather and flight planning. Also, distant remote broadcasts for the Kapuskasing, Cochrane and Iroquois Falls airports, for high level traffic. The Timmins airport remotely broadcasts to Moosonee from 7am to 9pm as well as Muskoka 24 hours a day. There are also airport based company channels. Timmins FSS is an airport advisory uncontrolled service. They issue IFR clearances and allow "pilot's discretion" movements. There are no pre-taxi, take-off or landing clearances. The FSS personel also report hourly and special weather observations to Environment Canada.

My Toronto Centre feed is the IFR flights, within the Timmins/Moosonee airspaces during peak time, and combines with North Bay/Sudbury during evenings and weekends. There is a radar based at North Bay. Our northern Ontario radar is just east of Hearst, thus, traffic on radar at 10 000 feet and above.

Finally, Montreal Centre for all high level traffic at 29 000 feet and above. This started in Jan 2001, after Toronto centre's high level Timmins-Moose sector transferred this workload to Montreal. There are 9-20 sectors on this channel in both english and french. Peak and off-peak times vary.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply. Happy listening!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.