• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Wouxun KG-UV8D

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPerk

Was wondering can anyone instruct me how to get my comm port to download? I have downloaded the CHRIP program but my cable to program will not give me a com port number and Prolific will NOT install it showing the small triangle and Im beyond frustrated tried installing on Window's XP, Windows 10 and windows 7 NOT SURE, has be something Im doing wrong, I hope I can get this to work.. or at the most what to do now im beyond lost or

Can I get steps how to program BY hand how to program a frequency and the Alpha tags

greatly needed help badly

Thanks

CPerk

Finally worked, sadly had to restart computer and software program

Now question is, on this radio , is there a such thing as like when I am at work and I use my work frequencies such as 461.xxxx when you key up is there any option to here the feedback like when you key mic up makes not like a static noise its like sound you know ur on a repeater system, right now i dont hear any feed back it like a simplex just keys up but my work radio i hear feedback ,since my work we key up radio when we do certain alarms so the crew knows it us not anyone else.

teufler

king willam cty

If its a work repeater, 461xxx, you need an off set, which should be 5.000 + off set. Sounds like you are keying the outpot, which in your work area, most you could hear. and talk too.,Your work probably uses a pl tone or dcs code, and maybe the other radios are full ctcss, meaning you have to have the code enter to access the repeater and the mobiles need the code entered to receive . Who ever handles the radios, should be able to give you all the particulars. If not, best not talk, but you have a good scanner to monitor with. I don't know what you do at the company but some companies are touchy about talking on "their" frequency. Would not want you to get in trouble. Perhaps just listening you acan stay one step ahead of the bosses, as you will know what they want before they get there. They will think you are clairvoyant. On Congrats on getting the Wouxan working. Wouxan recommended to use ONLY the uv8d software , not Chirp, and the Wouxan software has a few more options that Chirp doesn't handle. All the Chinese radios I have, Wouxan was the hardest to get functioning.

Attachments

• king william cty.pdf
    53.9 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.