Have you replaced your 436 key pad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButchGone

So, the three white system, department and channel keys on my 436 are very worn and it is getting hard to read the printed lettering. Anyone experience ordering the key pad from Uniden and replacing it yourself?
Or, have you sent your 436 to Uniden to have this done? What was the cost and turn around time?
Thanks,
BG..

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Hello BG:

I purchased my 436 back in February and use it daily, but haven't had any issues of the key pads wearing out.

May I ask how long you have been using yours?

In another year or so, I may have the same problem, but for now I don't see any wear on the keys.

Russell

russellmaher

KC1ANC
I'm sorry to hear about the wearing on the keys that you guys are experiencing.

I just lucky.....so far.
f388fedcde6a401a7e7f29286942aa81.jpg

Voyager

The nub wore out on my '5' key, but that's it. (it's now a lit dot)

MStep

So, the three white system, department and channel keys on my 436 are very worn and it is getting hard to read the printed lettering. Anyone experience ordering the key pad from Uniden and replacing it yourself?
Or, have you sent your 436 to Uniden to have this done? What was the cost and turn around time?
Thanks,
BG..

Unless you are very finicky about how your unit looks, I would recommend getting a few permanent colored markers (for example red, yellow and blue) and just coloring the keys so you can recognize what they are.

The 436 units, being "portable", are most likely going to suffer more wear-and-tear than most other units. The mild acidity found on sweaty fingers can cause this condition, depending on how the the letters were printed or stenciled onto the keys.

This kind of stuff used to drive me nuts, but in the end, everything we use is going to be subject to the rigors of daily life--- if you unit is otherwise performing well, I would just continue to use it until such time as a condition develops that does require you to send it in and then have them do everything at one time.

T

Tryceleon525

Nope. Don't change it yet. Going well so far. Happy to use this one. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.