• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Uhf cdm1250 trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I have Two UHF CDM1250 mobile radios with Trunking feature.
I would like to know if and how can I set up these radios to work on a Trunking repeater mode.
I already have the Duplexer, and rear repeater cables.
I currently have this as a Conventional repeater and am wondering if Trunking would be possible?
All and any help is Gladly Appreciated.

WQUT715

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
You would need a trunking controller in order to make it into a trunk(ltr as an axample) repeater. The radio its self is only capable of being a trunking subscriber.

Premium Subscriber
Any ideas of a Trunking controller that will give me Basic functions like On/Off, Station ID and possibly program via DTMF over the air? I don't know of any trunking controllers.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Not off the top of my head. I doubt any of them are capable of being programmed by DTMF regardless. Likely you will need to program the controller by computer.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Conventional controllers, yes. CAT-200B, id-o-matic or NHRC controllers are probably the most cost effectieve, and i think all can be programmed by DTMF. Any reason in parricular you want to build a trunk site?

Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks anyway. I will check to see what's available on eBay.
Thanks again.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Any ideas of a Trunking controller that will give me Basic functions like On/Off, Station ID and possibly program via DTMF over the air? I don't know of any trunking controllers.

Why do you think you need a trunking controller to do this? Many amateur radio repeater controllers will handle this.
Add MDC1200, which those radio will do, and you've got ID's from your individual radios. The repeater controller will be able to do CW id.

Premium Subscriber
I currently have a GMRS Repeater with MDC1200 being used. Problem is that we are being Jammed by other unknown station and I was told to see we can go Trunking being that most members have CDM Mobile and HT1250 with Trunking mode. I was told this will Block out other users if they are not on trunking. Not sure if it's all 100% true.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Might be better off trying one of the non standard CTCSS codes like 254.1, that might weed out someone with a low end radio.
Too bad you have a jammer. Disappointing how one person will happily cause issues for others.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Ah, I think what he's looking for is an LTR trunking controller. He could set it up as a single site and only allow the IDs that he has programmed into the controller to access the repeater. Of course, once he does this, he'd need to make sure all of his legit users bought LTR trunking radios.

There are a few Trident LTR controllers on Ebay right now.

Going LTR is not going to be cheap, so you could try what I do. What I did to keep the bubble-pack users away was to use a split DCS/PL tone. I used a DCS tone to access the repeater and then broadcast out a PL from the repeater. It wasn't the best solution, but I never had a problem with bubble-packers.

Premium Subscriber
I already have that split in place and I am still being jammed. I RX on a TPL and TX on a DPL. Jammers manage to find it and get access to the repeater.

I also have set aside a Zetron 310 repeater controller, does anyone know about this and how to program it? Radio shops near me don't bother with this controller because all they do is fix radios, program them and at times tune radios.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I currently have a GMRS Repeater with MDC1200 being used. Problem is that we are being Jammed by other unknown station and I was told to see we can go Trunking being that most members have CDM Mobile and HT1250 with Trunking mode. I was told this will Block out other users if they are not on trunking. Not sure if it's all 100% true.

But do you have a filter list where only valid MDC1200 IDs are repeated?

Maybe the Authorize feature in this? C Plus III desktop display decoder for MDC-1200, GE Star, DTMF, Fleetsync : Cimarron Technologies for ANI Encoders and Decoders

Details: http://www.cimtechcorp.com/images/uploads/downloads/CPlus/Authorize.pdf

Premium Subscriber
I don't have the Zetron 310 in use because I don't have anyone that can program it to my needs.
This controller you sent seems to have a feature or two that the Zetron has.
Any idea of where I can get software for the Zetron 310? What type of Windows system is needed to run the software? I have Windows XP with SP3.
I do have a Rib Box and Programming cable that I use for the CDM/GM300 mobile radios, which seems to fit the Controller but u know what software is needed.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Trident makes a good LTR controller. I actually have a single channel GMRS repeater with one on it just because i had the controllers. Had played around with a 3 channel LTR but being myself and my wife were the only ones with the radios I tore it apart ! I have some old spares if your interested. It worked ok. Use procomm plus to program it. Mine were on R1225 repeaters.

My controller is setup with just a PL now...kinda expensive but as i said i had the controller...

Status
Not open for further replies.