Agoura/Calabasas/Malibu Area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zyla1234

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

New user here. Just purchased a used BCD396T coming from a ProScan Pro-43, Needless to say, coming from the Pro-43, the BCD396 is a handful programming-wise... :)

I'm getting my head around it, slowly... :)

I'd like to have a group for just Lost Hills Sheriff's & CHP that covers Mulholland Hwy & PCH areas (Malibu, Agoura Hills, Calabasas, Thousand Oaks, Santa Monica, etc) and would like to know what (mostly CHP) freq's I need and which aren't used (from the RF database). Is there anyone here familiar with those agencies and those areas?

If not, what's the best way to determine what freq's are being used? I'm assuming Close Call? If so, what's the best way to use it?

Also, I setup a Conv System and used FreeScan's Quick Grab to copy & paste from the database. Some of the CHP freq's are P25. Do I need to setup a separate system for those the P25 freq's? I do see: "C 186.2" in what this diagram says is: CTCSS, DCS, P25 NAC, or P25 Status for a CHP freq that is P25 while using my Conv system.

display%201.gif

Sorry is these are basic questions, but obviously there's a LOT to this scanner, FAR more than the PRO-43.

PaulNDaOC

Lost Hills operates mainly on two freqs, Dispatch for Priority and Emergency calls 482.9125. You will not hear most routine calls which will be dispatched to MDC's only and you will also hear radio traffic from other areas as LASD dispatchers handle multiple channels at each console as needed.

Lost Hills car-to-car and car-to-station traffic is on L-tac 483.9125 which they share with West Hollywood station 90 units. If something big goes down you may hear them directed to A-Tac-2 483.1625.

The Mulholland area typically does not have a car 24/7 but if there is one deployed on a particular shift it is either 103 which will focus towards Topanga or 225 both south of Agoura Hills/Calabasas and the Chatsworth/West Hills areas. Agoura Hills is 222, Calabasas 224, and Westlake Village 226, and Malibu 101 and 104 units,Every now and then there will be helicopter patrol identified as 109Adam.

I hope that is a good started on understanding LASD in the area.

I have less info on CHP but do know West Valley 45.52 covers the 101 inside LA County as well as the county areas along Mulholland and PCH up near the county line.

West La CHP will cover the 10/405/ and tunnel area in Santa Monica and are in 44.62.

Moorpark CHP covers Thousand Oaks but I can't confirm the freq and RR database shows two possibles 42.40 and 45.40.

If you have any more questions LASD or about LA County Fire I can probably answer them here for you.

zyla1234

Premium Subscriber
That's great info. Thanks!

I've been spending a lot of time getting familiar with the 396t and researching freqs. I'm starting to get a pretty good handle on the device, but sorting through all the different agency areas/divisions is a chore... For instance, LAPD Topanga covers Canoga Park, West Hills, Winnetka, and Woodland Hills. Those areas aren't intuitive to me for Topanga. When I think of Topanga, I think of the SM mountains, but apparently LAPD is referring to the proximity to Topanga blvd.

There are a lot of CHP freqs, so I really wanted to try and eliminate the ones not for this area. 44.62 shows as 'Pink South LA', so I hadn't included it. The other night while in the area though I did a 'Search & Store' using that CHP range and 44.62 was a hit, however, I mistakenly searched the LA freqs in the RR database so nothing came up. Naturally it does show up in the state search... I've now added that one... :)

What about LAPD? Do they ever cruise around in the hills? I've stored West Valley, Valley Traffic & Topanga just in case.

Thanks again. Appreciate it...

PaulNDaOC

LAPD Topanga is responsible for covering most of hills on the fringe of the west SF Valley including hillside areas that rise from either side of Ventura Blvd out to roughly Mulholland Dr/ Valley Circle.

Hopefully this link(below) to a map that shows patrol areas for the basic beat car will give you a better idea of what LAPD covers The map is not all inclusive of all units deployed, but are the primary neighborhood beat cars.

The map of Topanga is here
http://assets.lapdonline.org/assets/pdf/TopSLOJan2015.pdf

West Valley covers the areas east of Corbin to the 405
http://assets.lapdonline.org/assets/pdf/WestValley_BC_09.pdf

One rule you can always go by is if your ever in question as to if your in LA City or not while driving, just stop your car, look at the pavement or curbs, and if it is all beat to hell, then you know your in the city. LOL

zyla1234

Premium Subscriber
Good info guys, thanks.

I searched for CHP & LAPD maps, but didn't come across those; they're much better than what I found. Do you have anything for CHP?

As for state & city, that was just my screwup. I was also searching the Sheriff freq ranges and was looking those hits up first; just forgot to switch to the state database when searching the CHP range...

Status
Not open for further replies.