Lodi FD - Bergen Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Yeah the T-Bands eventually will be auctioned off cause the FCC has other uses for it. A lot of departments on the T-Band will for sure consider 700mhz or 800mhz. However it wouldn't be all that soon. Could be as long as 5 years from now. They are still granting renewal of T-Band UHF licenses however I do not believe they are granting new licenses for the T-Band for that reason ( I could be wrong on that). Though if you renewed today by the time your license expires (2021 or so) it's doubtful by then that you could renew that again. The FCC has considered selling 600mhz in the years to come. Mostly LTE stuff though which could be used for public safety comms in the year(s) to come. Lodi might migrate to the county though when their license does expire like the PD has. The push for digital is all well and real especially for public works/safety. Migrating to a P25 system voice does have economical perks especially to the county system.

jvdet

Am confused
the question here about Lodi FD and how the 483.85 channel is used??
and Lodi FD is on the county system but the FD has licensed the 483.85
this is not a discussion about the Tband

Am confused

A while back, I was looking through the database and saw Lodi was sharing 472.9000 (WQFC905) in conventional with Bergen County's trunked system. Was 483.8500 the old police frequency before they went onto a county talkgroup?

For some reason I'm still stuck in the 70s on 33.86 for Lodi (and Garfield, and Mahwah, and Upper Saddle River, and Cliffside, and Fairview...).

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Am confused
this is not a discussion about the Tband

Who knows if the repeater is still active if you don't hear traffic. Back in the day people used to program their business band radios with both inputs and repeater output and key the mic and if the repeater kicked back it was on if not it was turned off. 9/10 shot though departments even if they switch to a county trunked group or what have you never turn off their backup UHF/VHF analog repeaters and frequencies and usually about once a month they will test them to make sure they still work.

...even if they switch to a county trunked group or what have you never turn off their backup UHF/VHF analog repeaters and frequencies and usually about once a month they will test them to make sure they still work.
Keeping a working backup is always a prudent choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.