Berks County V-TAC Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveradio

Just curious what the actually V-TAC frequencies are for Berks County, see the old VHF/Lo-Band frequencies listed.
We will be going to Topton Halloween Parade and always recall FirePolice and command were always on 154.3850 PL91.5 just curious how the line up is now. Do know Fire Police has own Talk Groups on the 700mhz system and not every person has digital radio yet.

What should plug into monitor whats going on, thanks in advance.

KB7MIB

They may have authority under the state license to operate on the various VCALL, VTAC, UCALL, UTAC. and 8TAC channels, as well as any of the 700 MHz interoperability frequencies.

It's going to depend on licenses the state may have, and any MOU's that may exist between the state and the county.

That's how it works out here.

John
Peoria, AZ

Audiodave1

Database Admin
I have heard berks ambulances on Ucall40 and 41. Didn't pay attention to exactly which department.
This is recent.

W3DMV

Ok. Thought you wanted to know what
Frequencies the county had licensed.
Base stations require a license but
Mobiles and handhelds do not...

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Just curious what the actually V-TAC frequencies are for Berks County, see the old VHF/Lo-Band frequencies listed.
We will be going to Topton Halloween Parade and always recall FirePolice and command were always on 154.3850 PL91.5 just curious how the line up is now. Do know Fire Police has own Talk Groups on the 700mhz system and not every person has digital radio yet.

What should plug into monitor whats going on, thanks in advance.

There are the VHF interop frequencies that are patched to the new system

V-Call 155.7525
V-Tac 1 151.1375
V-Tac 2 154.4525
V-Tac 3 158.7375
V-Tac 4 159.4725

The County Fire Police use the Fire Police Talk groups on the new system. There is virtually no activity on the old Fire Police Association VHF frequencies anymore.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
I have heard berks ambulances on Ucall40 and 41. Didn't pay attention to exactly which department.
This is recent.

Lancaster County units are typically use the Ucall channels to communicate with Berks as Lancaster is now using a UHF system

You will also hear Lancaster Fire Units patched in when running mutual aid calls into Berks

Steveradio

was able to play around with the one radio finally but whats the old Police 155.0700 PL91.5 and old Ems 155.295 PL173.8 are in as BC IOP (Inter Op) .

Was not hearing any activity at all.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Those are used as inter ops for mutual aid who still has those radios and no access to the new system.

I've used 295 when no one answered on Vcall10.

Unless the unit is close to you transmitting, you won't hear as easily. If Berks initiates a patch to that frequency , then you will hear it.

The best ones to listen to are the V's , U's and the 8's. That is going to encompass 90% of your surrounding county mutual aide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Somebody at the county needs to tell PSP to use one of these other methods to hail the county. For the third time this year, I recently heard Trooper 1 trying to hail the county on the BERKS Starnet interop talkgroup (on a state radio). Unfortunately, it appears as though the county is not monitoring it as they never answer.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
I do not know if Berks has those capabilities up there for that system. I have heard a few times they patching incidents onto national.

PSP SHOUlD be using the VHF.

I know with MontCo , when we switch our radios to 8 call , the radios are not set up for mixed mode scan. We lose out comms with MontCo and I hate it.

I've gotten setup on VHF for both the FD and EMS squads I'm an officer with for that reason alone

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
I would assume the broken sky radios are the same when you go off the system to conventional , you lose the main talk groups.

He'll maybe Berks doesn't even know they are being hailed on those particular interops

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I don't recall the exact explanation I got, but it had something to do with console limitations and the way the STARNET radio can be interfaced. The radio has PEMA statewide and regional channels in it, as well as the "county interop" channel talkgroup for Berks and surrounding counties. Either way, I was told previously that the radio room does no monitor the BERKS talkgroup on the STARNET system. The talkgroup exists to give state units a direct path to the comm center (there is one for each county).

Many counties monitor their designated channel...some only monitor during certain hours. I am sure Berks is not the only county who isn't listening, but it is clear that the PSP pilots don't know this since their routine for most counties is to hail on the county talkgroup on the state system and come up with a plan there. Sometimes, that plan has involved switching the PD National or some other channel based on a particular county's or dispatcher's patching abilities.

Berks is the only county in the area where I have never heard a successful interaction between the county and a PSP helo on the county interop talkgroup. There are bumps elsewhere, too, but something always gets worked out in the end.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
All new technology and new ways of doing things, creates a huge learning curve along with breaking old habits.

I just want to see the day that all the surrounding counties get one template or figure out a way even if it is doing a profile within the radio, where one radio covered all the surrounding areas.
( supposed to be in the works for Berks, Chester, bucks , MontCo and philly) we shall see.........

Steveradio

This is what got out of the program

155.7525 PL156.7 no receive PL Berks VCALL 10
159.4725 PL156.7 no receive PL Berks VTAC 14

plus those other two posted. Berks County Fire Police units do have the new 700mhz radios from my understanding but on officers have them so far.

These are to be used when working "Mutual Aid" calls from Lehigh units to Berks but again have not really picked up much on any of them.

Could be the problem, dispatchers may not be aware they need to link a patch unless those fancy 700 radios can activate link them self?

Status
Not open for further replies.