Question about the forum..

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD8NIV

I logged in as I came to the forum, and it shows me been logged in.....
Ok, now when I went to reply in a thread, I had to log in again, why am I seeing this, thought you just had to log into the forum and that's all......just curious why I'm having to log in 2 times, thanks.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I logged in as I came to the forum, and it shows me been logged in.....
Ok, now when I went to reply in a thread, I had to log in again, why am I seeing this, thought you just had to log into the forum and that's all......just curious why I'm having to log in 2 times, thanks.

The log in to the RR website, and the log in to the forums are 2 different things.

Way up at the top center of the page where your user name is shown in yellow is the web site login....

the box just under the "submit info" and "about" tabs in the dark blue bar under the Scanner Master ad is the forum log in. You can be logged into the site, but not the forums.

R

retiredmich

What is the box for that say's remember me that you put a check mark in , what does that do ?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
In what way? I never could understand why two logins are required. I may be missing something. I have never seen this except for here. Thanks.

There are actually 4 logins on the RR site for end users.

the main site, and then the sub-components of the main site....

the forums,
the classifieds,
and contributions to the Wiki.

R

retiredmich

So if I am logged in at the start of the forum, & when I get done looking at all the post & then i LOG OUT, that is deleting the cookie & that is why I have to keep logging back in , am I understanding this right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.