BC75XLT: Turn off Close Call "feature" once and for all

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I turn off the Close Call "feature"? I have tried pressing Func+Hold until the little symbol is cleared. But next thing you know it's locked onto some birdie and you hear nothing on my feed.

I am getting plenty of complaints from listeners. How do you disable this "feature" for good, and why would you add something like that to begin with?

I mean if might be okay if it just remembered other frequencies for later. But it doesn't, it just locks on to a frequency and stays there displaying FOUND even after any transmission has stopped.

As it is, it is totally worthless.

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
Although I don't think the close call feature is worthless, I too would like to find a way to disable it as well. The spot in the patrol cars where our 996xt's are mounted is right where our elbows rest. I have had to turn close call off many times. Sometimes I think these radios are too advanced for some uses. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

swatpup102

Premium Subscriber
Hitting the button to turn it on is one thing, but why not just turn it off on the general settings if you're using it to stream. It won't come back on until you tell it to.

phask

Premium Subscriber
will it stay off if you "lock" the radio?

Although I don't think the close call feature is worthless, I too would like to find a way to disable it as well. The spot in the patrol cars where our 996xt's are mounted is right where our elbows rest. I have had to turn close call off many times. Sometimes I think these radios are too advanced for some uses. Just my opinion.

Hitting the button to turn it on is one thing, but why not just turn it off on the general settings if you're using it to stream. It won't come back on until you tell it to.

General settings? There is no General Settings, all I can see in the manual is:

• Close Call DND. Close Call Do Not Disturb only checks
for close calls if it is not stopped on a transmission. The
icon displays.
• Close Call Priority. The scanner checks for close calls
regardless of whether it is stopped on a transmission.
The icon displays.
• Close Call Off. The scanner does not check for close calls.
No icon displays.

(The icon display did not transfer, but I am sure the Close Call is off as the screen icon is also off)

Obviously these have a flaw that keeps this "feature" active all the time and makes them unusable for streaming.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Yes, you set it to Close Call Off. Or, is the issue that you are somehow accidentally turning the feature back on? In that case, there is no such setting (to prevent you from turning the feature back on).

Yes, you set it to Close Call Off. Or, is the issue that you are somehow accidentally turning the feature back on? In that case, there is no such setting (to prevent you from turning the feature back on).

Where exactly do you set Close Call Off?

I have followed the manual as I posted before, that does not really turn it off.

It sits on a shelf scanning with nobody touching it.

Later I comeback and it's sitting there with FOUND on the display.

Voyager

Maybe it's scanning a previous hit that is stored in memory.

Is the CC icon still off or did it somehow turn back on?

Setting CC to OFF will disable any future hits, but the scanner will still scan anything old that was saved.
(solution = delete any memories that contain hits that were saved)

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Also, if the Close Call icon is not on the screen, then the feature is turned off.

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
Our elbows sometimes hit the knob enough times to turn it on. Most of the guys don't know how to turn it off. They just complain that the scanner isn't working right...lol

cg

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.