Fairfield County Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtaman

Fairfield county sheriff is currently using a mix of analog and Mototrbo. One frequency is is completely TRBO which is 453.8375. I currently don't have my DSD set up. I am am wondering if anyone has found out or knows what the group ID is? I'm pretty sure the color code is 1. If not it's not hard to find. Hopefully I have my DSD setup soon. Fairfield county is very close to switching to TRBO. Nearly all units have TRBO radios and most of the traffic is TRBO patched to analog.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

gtaman

I got my DSD back up.

Mototrbo

Color code 10

Group Id. 230001

Slot 1

This the info I have so far for the Fairfield county sheriff Mototrbo system.

gtaman

Little update on this. Fairfield county still only uses one repeater for TRBO. I've noticed more and more officers getting new radios. Also it seems they have chosen HYTERA as the vendor. I saw a few portables. I just do not know what models they are yet.

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
In TRBO or DMR there are always two time slots. In this case it seems one is for voice and the other for Data not uncommon for conventional TRBO systems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oesjmr

Premium Subscriber
Monitor with DMR handheld?

I'm thinking of getting a handheld DMR radio for ham radio use. I'm still a ways off on saving the funds to buy a radio, so I haven't brushed up on things quite yet. My question is, would I be able to monitor the Fairfield County Sheriff with a handheld DMR radio? I could monitor the conventional frequency with my FT-60, but wasn't sure if it's possible with DMR. If so, it would just be an added bonus. Thanks!

gtaman

I'm thinking of getting a handheld DMR radio for ham radio use. I'm still a ways off on saving the funds to buy a radio, so I haven't brushed up on things quite yet. My question is, would I be able to monitor the Fairfield County Sheriff with a handheld DMR radio? I could monitor the conventional frequency with my FT-60, but wasn't sure if it's possible with DMR. If so, it would just be an added bonus. Thanks!

Yes you sure can. I monitor Fairfield county with a Motorola XPR 6350. All you need to do is use the color code and group ID I have provided and you will be able to monitor them.

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
Yes as long as you input the Color Code, Time Slot, and Group call you will be able to monitor them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

W8RLL

Thanks for the info.... but.. I have a TYT DMR M380 and have programmed the frequency, color code 10, slot 1. I can see the signal come up when they transmitt but no audio.
Is it bc I can not program the Group ID of 230001 ?

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
With a tyt md-380 if you program a id by hand it is a private call I believe. the only way I have found is to use the software to program the group call

Davey1

This might be a Motorola DMR repeater that is using Restricted Access to System (RAS). This means the repeater is password protected but not necessarily encrypted. On the MD380 when a transmission is received it will light up the icon, but since the transmission is password protected the radio is unable to decode the DMR audio. If this is the case you're out of luck with the MD380. The new DMR capable scanners can hear these systems without any problems.

I discovered this the hard way when one of the public safety agencies went to RAS. I bought a Whistler TRX-1 to listen to them, since my Tytera and Hytera radios were of no good.

Status
Not open for further replies.