Bearcat 895 XLT problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabinman47557

Premium Subscriber
I bought a used Bearcat 895 XLT first of all the digital readout does not light up and whenever I try to program a frequency it says e-lock what does e-lock mean ????

DickH

I bought a used Bearcat 895 XLT first of all the digital readout does not light up and whenever I try to program a frequency it says e-lock what does e-lock mean ????

I searched the manual and there is no mention of e-lock. But, if the display doesn't light how can you see "e-lock". ?

Voyager

Check the ENTER LOCK switch on the rear of the scanner. I bet it's enabled.
And the backlight lamps going out is a common issue.

DickH

Check the ENTER LOCK switch on the rear of the scanner. I bet it's enabled.
And the backlight lamps going out is a common issue.

Ha. I've had my 895 for years and I never noticed that switch. I'm still curious how he can see "e-lock" if the display is not lit.

cg

Premium Subscriber
The lights on that radio are only a backlight. The display is readable in a decent light. I have never had to replace any of mine but just reading online seems to suggest that it is not a big deal if you can do some soldering.

chris

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I've got one sitting here in my office. It's been running pretty much non-stop for the last 15 years. A few months ago I noticed the lamp had stopped working. A "love tap" on the top of the case restored it, for a while. Now it seems they're out for good. In a well lit office it isn't an issue, I can still read the LCD display.

As for the E-Lock switch, I never noticed that either, I guess we learn something new every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.