HomePatrol 1 & 2 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligan

Database Admin
I am considering purchasing a HomePatrol-I or HomePatrol-II and would like some more information on these radios:

Do both of these radios support up to 600 seconds of audio recorded per channel in Discovery Mode?

Do both of these radios support per-channel recording or is it all-or-nothing?

Has anyone successfully connected a HomePatrol-II (the new one) to Unitrunker w/ DSD?

Last edited:

phask

Premium Subscriber
Specs are identical - except the 2 does p23 phase 2, plus power is via USB.

Neither has per channel record.

It will run Unitrunker - never tried DSD (with the extreme update)

I am considering purchasing a HomePatrol-I or HomePatrol-II and would like some more information on these radios:

Do both of these radios support up to 600 seconds of audio recorded per channel in Discovery Mode?

Do both of these radios support per-channel recording or is it all-or-nothing?

Does the PL/DPL/NAC show on the Discovery Review for each channel (on the scanner -- not using the computer software)?

Has anyone successfully connected a HomePatrol-II (the new one) to Unitrunker w/ DSD?

phask

Premium Subscriber
Does the Discovery mode on each record up to 600 seconds of audio per channel?
Yes
You have successfully used Unitrunker with the HomePatrol 2 -- not just the HomePatrol 1?

And yes - just never ran DSD.

Currently have one running analyze on a trunk system, for the last 3 weeks (HP1).

Also have a 325 running Pro96comm.

For me - Unitunker has always been a PITA to run with a HP - but that may just be me- once I get it going it's fine, but establishing a connection has always been troublesome.

marksmith

I use a $19 dongle to run Unitrunker on an old pc rather than invest in a $400+ radio to feed it. That way you can listen to it as well as watch it.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

Status
Not open for further replies.