Suffolk 46.46 Crossband (BCFA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

miserytom

I found this listing ...

472.12500 77.0 PL 46.46 Crossband (BCFA)

Is this actually used ? If so what might I hear ?

bkantor

I have seen activity on this frequency in the past (not sure how often it is used) - it is a simulcast of 46.46 - somebody wrote several years ago "only simulcast when it detects Town of Babylon Dept's, E. Farmingdale & West Islip tones" - not sure if that is still true.

miserytom

ok , thanks , i wish there was a countywide simulcast of 46.46 in the 400 mhz area so i could have it in my ham radio lol

KC2zZe

That's not likely, as I question the legality of anyone simulcasting a public safety (PW) frequency over an amateur radio service (HA) UHF frequency, or any ham frequency for that matter.

miserytom

** I would absolutely never re broadcast it **

it would be convenient only for listening on the ham radio so I didn't need the extra scanner in the car

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
That's not likely, as I question the legality of anyone simulcasting a public safety (PW) frequency over an amateur radio service (HA) UHF frequency, or any ham frequency for that matter.

I think the reference might have been to UHF public safety, not the 440 ham band. Most (all?) modern dual band ham rigs have extended receive in in the public safety portions of UHF.

Status
Not open for further replies.