need SDRsharp r1404 - r1408 breaks plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

elitedata

recently updated from 1404 to 1408 and now none of my plugins will work.
does anyone have r1404 as a zip file that i can download please ?
unfortunately, revision build 1408 does not work with third party plugins in plugins.xml.
all the plugins were operating without issue on revision build 1404.
can i please have revision build 1404 ? i mistakenly over wrote the 1404 build (zip file) with 1408 that i downloaded as a zip and i cant seem to locate older versions of SDRsharp, specifically build 1404.
this is a list of plugins it no longer works with:
<add key="DSD" value="SDRSharp.DSD.DSDPlugin,SDRSharp.DSD" />
<add key="DCSDecoder" value="SDRSharp.DCSDecoder.DCSDecoderPlugin,SDRSharp.DCSDecoder" />
<add key="CTCSSDecoder" value="SDRSharp.CTCSSDecoder.CTCSSDecoderPlugin,SDRSharp.CTCSSDecoder" />
<add key="IFRecorder" value="SDRSharp.IFRecorder.IFRecorderPlugin,SDRSharp.IFRecorder" />
<add key="IQ Balancer" value="SDRSharp.IQCorrection.IQCorrectionPlugin,SDRSharp.IQCorrection" />
<add key="DigitalAudioProcessor" value="SDRSharp.DigitalAudioProcessor.DigitalAudioProcessorPlugin,SDRSharp.DigitalAudioProcessor" />
<add key="DigitalIfProcessor" value="SDRSharp.DigitalIfProcessor.DigitalIfProcessorPlugin,SDRSharp.DigitalIfProcessor" />
<add key="DAP" value="SDRSharp.DAP.DAPPlugin,SDRSharp.DAP" />
<add key="BasebandRecorder" value="SDRSharp.BasebandRecorder.BasebandRecorderPlugin,SDRSharp.BasebandRecorder" />
<add key="AudioRecorder" value="SDRSharp.AudioRecorder.AudioRecorderPlugin,SDRSharp.AudioRecorder" />
<add key="LevelMeter" value="SDRSharp.LevelMeter.LevelMeterPlugin,SDRSharp.LevelMeter" />
<add key="MPX" value="SDRSharp.OutMPX.OutMPXPlugin,SDRSharp.OutMPX" />

Boatanchor

This is becoming tiresome..

Seems every other day SDR# comes out with an update that breaks support for the plugins and SDRPlay.
Only reason many people (myself included) use SDR#, is because of the plugins.

Shame someone can't come out with a dedicated 'scanner orientated' SDR software package that includes all the nice features of those Russian plugins & DSDPlus. Then, I could give SDR# the toss.

I think, with the increasing popularity of SDR, it is only a matter of time before this happens.
I would happily pay for such software.

elitedata

r1404 was working perfectly for me but stupid me overwrote the last downloaded zip (r1404) with r1408.
now i cant go back, dammit.
lesson learned - keep the previous build in case the new one is broken.

elitedata

R1409 has been released which says plugins have been repaired.
i replied to the group with a screen shot showing that it still does not work.
"
as a reply to recent build 1409, the plugins still do not work.

i created a "test" folder (c:\SDRS\test) and installed all the relevant files from the r1409 x86 download zip into the folder as a "clean install" into the newly created folder.

i added the following file to the test folder (c:\SDRS\test) SDRSharp.CTCSSDecoder.dll and added the following key at the last entry to to Plugins.xml before </sharpPlugins>, <add key="DCSDecoder" value="SDRSharp.DCSDecoder.DCSDecoderPlugin,SDRSharp.DCSDecoder" />, the plugin does not appear.
the OS is windows 7 x64 but the previous x86 r1404 worked perfectly with the list of plugins i posted before so this is not an issue between x64 and x86
relevant screen shot is attached for reference.

thanks for all the help trying to resolve the issue.

i will keep testing builds until it works"

Attachments

• test-1409.jpg
    test-1409.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 774

br0adband

Just because a new version comes out doesn't mean suddenly the old(er) version(s) is useless - if you don't have a really GOOD reason to move to a new version of SDR# and I mean a really good one like some build just crashes totally and doesn't run at all for you but a newer version does, well that's a really good reason to use the new(er) version obviously.

But just because a new build gets released doesn't mean you should pounce on it immediately, and even if you do if you're not taking 10 seconds to back up/copy your current SDR# folder to a safe place so you can roll back to it if necessary then I'd say you're doing it wrong. :)

I know progress is made but, so far I haven't seen anything special about these newer builds except all the little fiascos with the plugins.

Hell, until recently I'd been running the same SDR# build for over a year, never had a problem with it - now it seems like builds are coming more frequently but I haven't seen any reason to alter what already works for me.

YMMV, as always...

elitedata

even adding the following to the SDRSharp.exe.Config file did not help.
<add key="CTCSSSquelchTone" value="156.7" />
<add key="CTCSSSquelchEnable" value="False" />
<add key="CTCSSDetectEnable" value="False" />
<add key="CTCSSAuxWindowEnable" value="False" />
<add key="CTCSSOnSpectrum" value="False" />

elitedata

Just because a new version comes out doesn't mean suddenly the old(er) version(s) is useless - if you don't have a really GOOD reason to move to a new version of SDR# and I mean a really good one like some build just crashes totally and doesn't run at all for you but a newer version does, well that's a really good reason to use the new(er) version obviously.

But just because a new build gets released doesn't mean you should pounce on it immediately, and even if you do if you're not taking 10 seconds to back up/copy your current SDR# folder to a safe place so you can roll back to it if necessary then I'd say you're doing it wrong. :)

I know progress is made but, so far I haven't seen anything special about these newer builds except all the little fiascos with the plugins.

Hell, until recently I'd been running the same SDR# build for over a year, never had a problem with it - now it seems like builds are coming more frequently but I haven't seen any reason to alter what already works for me.

YMMV, as always...
i generally do not over write the last build i downloaded in the zip file, this was by accident.

elitedata

so no one has r1400 to r1404 ?
i cant believe that you cannot obtain an older version of this software.
that is ridiculously stupid.

elitedata

Attachments

• r1400.jpg
    r1400.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 738

M105

Shame someone can't come out with a dedicated 'scanner orientated' SDR software package that includes all the nice features of those Russian plugins & DSDPlus. Then, I could give SDR# the toss.

I think, with the increasing popularity of SDR, it is only a matter of time before this happens.
I would happily pay for such software.

I'll second that. The building blocks and knowledge are there. It would be great if two or three of these authors would get together and write a software scanner that uses 2 SDRs, has a nice GUI, and decodes digital modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.