CHP Aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg6nlw

Railroad & Ham Radio Extrodinare
Premium Subscriber
I saw a while ago that you can now watch at least a few of the CHP Helicopters and Fixed Wings on apps such as FlightRadar24, etc., but here is an interesting question.

I see N130HP in the air currently around Roseville, CA., so I would assume that is Air 20 as that's usually the bird assigned to the Sacramento Valley.

Does anyone have a full list of ALL the CHP aircraft callsigns and what their "on air" callsigns are/could be?

Regards,

-Frank C.

kma371

QRT
I saw a while ago that you can now watch at least a few of the CHP Helicopters and Fixed Wings on apps such as FlightRadar24, etc., but here is an interesting question.

I see N130HP in the air currently around Roseville, CA., so I would assume that is Air 20 as that's usually the bird assigned to the Sacramento Valley.

Does anyone have a full list of ALL the CHP aircraft callsigns and what their "on air" callsigns are/could be?

Regards,

-Frank C.

The ones I know:

20's are Valley Div out of Auburn Airport
30's are Golden Gate Div out of Napa (I think)
40's are Central Div out of Fresno (I think)

H - Helos
Air - Fixed Wing

Existing thread here:
http://forums.radioreference.com/california-radio-discussion-forum/282940-chp-air-unit-numbers.html

SCPD

QRT
Did I miss something here? We have the CHP callsigns, but not the tail numbers that correspond to those callsigns. It does little good to know what number correspond to the division and base city when following aircraft on FlightRadar24 which often only shows the FAA tail number. During the Rough Fire I was following FlightRadar24 quite frequently and clicked onto aircraft that were operating in the area. I knew when I clicked onto an aircraft it was a CHP ship as the tail numbers ended in 'HP." However, there wasn't any CHP callsign information that corresponded with those HP tail numbers. I thought that was Frank's question.

kma371

QRT
He asked what their "on-air call signs would be" so that's answered. And the other thread lists the tailnumbers and call signs so, I'm not sure what you're actually asking/have issue with.

kma371

QRT
I moved a couple posts over to the other thread since that thread had way more info with what he was looking for and I will close this one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.