Pro 668 Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos29532

Premium Subscriber
I really need some help here please. This is my first scanner that I could program. I have cable that came in the box, no software,but do not understand all that I have read about downloads and matters. There are some updates that I would like to put on but am at a loss. If anyone would take a little time for me I sure would appreciate it. Computer just recently upgraded to MS 10.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. if one like I can call you.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I do not own a Windows 10 computer so I can not tell you the workaround for that. The software is on the card in the scanner.
#1 TURN OFF THE SCANNER.
#2 PLUG UP USB CABLE TO SCANNER AND COMPUTER.
#3 WAIT UNTIL YOU CAN SEE THE SCANNER LIKE A REMOVABLE CARD.
#4 THE SOFTWARE IS IN THE FOLDER CALLED SOFTWARE ON THE SD CARD.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hi Carlos,

Just got my Pro 668 this weekend and have it up and running. If you have any questions PM me. The only problem I'm having is that I can't get program to recognize the scanner to do the firmware updates.

BTW: I also have windows 10

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Tried that @buckbull thanks, still telling me the best drive is installed and won't let me update driver

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Yes sir press menu as you plug in cable... Also tried it without pressing menu. DSP also gives me the same error.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I have no trouble turning off my 668 plugging it in the usb port waiting for it to be found run the update from the software. Never push menu or anyother button Windows 7 PRO 1st 668 on the RR forum over 8 months ago.

Carlos29532

Premium Subscriber
I got to a certain point but now have a major problem.

Its saying no database on card. All I wanted to do was to add Palmetto 25 trunked system to library and now I have nothing! It wont even let me restore on scanner. I have updater to program but still no system. Lost as a new born!!! Help!!!!

Carlos29532

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to all that helped!!!! I was able to restore all that I lost off scanner (magically, lol) and import that which I wanted. Thanks again....

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
I got to a certain point but now have a major problem.

Its saying no database on card. All I wanted to do was to add Palmetto 25 trunked system to library and now I have nothing! It wont even let me restore on scanner. I have updater to program but still no system. Lost as a new born!!! Help!!!!
Since you want the Palmetto P25 system,let me know were you are and I can help if you are close.

Carlos29532

Premium Subscriber
This is really turning out to be a nightmare....now I'm missing menu items and I have no clue as to where they went.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Carlos29532 I feel you, I've been having a fit with this scanner all weekend.

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
Carlos29532 go into advanced tab and make sure they are all checked

Carlos29532

Premium Subscriber
Advanced? Where? If on scanner, not there.....all of this was after I did the firm ware updates. No back up sd no factory reset/restore button. All this to get the P25!

Status
Not open for further replies.