do you have release revision r1404 of SDRsharp ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elitedata

i know i asked this before in a different topic and although the release revision r1400 was provided by a RR member (much thanks), there are still issues regarding r1400 that are completely "fixed" in release revision r1404.
its my humble opinion that r1404 was the last and best fully functional software where all the plugins i have (for r1404) operated flawlessly without issues and the software itself worked flawlessly without any issues.
im looking for this release revision r1404.
if you have it, zipped or unzipped, i would very much appreciate it if you could either zip the folder contents or if you have the original downloaded zip, please send it to me.
i had mistakenly "wrote over" the last downloaded zip that i had of r1404.
i appreciate it, thanks.

br0adband

While I don't have 1404 I have to ask: is there some specific reason you want the 14xx series builds that the 13xx series don't handle or something? As I noted in another post recently, this whole "Upgraditis" thing where people just instantly have to grab the latest version that becomes available nearly at the instant it does become available tends to be problematic more often than not as you're finding out in your situation (and you're not alone, I have to add). I can understand sometimes that an upgraded build of SDR# does fix some problems, but then that means the plugin developers may have to redo their plugins (not an easy task for some, and a lot of them aren't even supported anymore by some authors).

I'm really curious to know if the 14xx versions fix something you were having a problem with or...?

elitedata

ive been testing all the builds and everything up to r1404 was excellent.
everything after r1404 started to degrade.
i generally keep the revision zips downloaded (rename them to sdrsharp-x86-xxxx.zip) so i can go back to an older revision that worked better during testing of new builds but in this case, i simply forgot to rename the last one i downloaded to "sdrsharp-x86-1404.zip".
so it got "over written".
i have checked the firefox cache and all the "temp" locations for windows 7 in an attempt to locate an "extracted" folder copy of r1404 but i have had no luck.
r1404 was (in my opinion) the last revision that worked perfectly.
i dont understand how this software can be developed without links to previous revisions, at least have one or two older revisions to fall back on.
i cant even find this r1404 using google "index of" tricks, although i have found a number of revisions, just not r1404.
the latest revision r1410, while i was able to get it working properly with the plugins (plugins had to be updated from the authors), the plugins appear in the panel but do not function at all.
this is in addition to "advanced noise reduction", this has no functionality at all.
the yahoo group seems to indicate that these features and plugins do not work on the funcube+ dongle.
if support for SDRSharp is fading from the funcube+ dongle, then that is where my problem lies and why i need r1404.
although r1400 functions, it has issues with the spectrum display among other issues im not going to bother getting into.

br0adband

What the hell is that all about, good lord these people need to get a freakin' life, I swear. I think I'm officially over my considering Airspy as a potential SDR upgrade device at this point, these children just need to grow up and fast.

</rant_off>

SCPD

QRT
Br0adband: If they only knew my friend :) if they only knew. I'm going to reach out to Lindsey because i have had enough. We all know who i am on here. I have nothing to hide. I help everyone. I respect everyone and i get the same in return. I guess they are very spiteful due to the SDRPlay outselling the Airspy.

Br0adband send me a PM when you get a moment.

Boatanchor

Oh, how ridiculous and childlike!

These people are burning more bridges with this community every day.

Can't they see that they are not doing themselves any favors by alienating many people who would end up purchasing their hardware products at some point in time?

These kids need to be VERY careful. Social media works both ways and if they are not careful, they stand to do a lot of irreparable damage to their brand.

This is a relatively small growing, close knit community and word gets around quickly...

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I'm going to the editors of Spectrum monitor...I'm going to release the truth to what is going on here. This is hurting the hobby.When you take these types of childish actions you can not undo them.....

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
If they want to go to war with me for whatever reason so be it. I either stand alone or my friends on here and across the globe will stand next to me. Like you said. It is a small small community and word travels in seconds.

D

DaveNF2G

As I said in another conversation, somebody should suggest to the Airspy people that they focus on completing already-announced products instead of destroying their own market with punitive software "updates."

nlurker

I backed up to 1404 and think I will not upgrade SDR# any more. It is such a pain when new versions break features and don't work properly. And the upgrade procedure has always been a pain anyway being careful not to overwrite config files. Hopefully a better sdr app will come along that is less user-hostile.

Last edited:

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
How is previous versions of their own software "bootleg"? Maybe if they stabilized their releases there'd be no need for this nonsense.

br0adband

How is previous versions of their own software "bootleg"? Maybe if they stabilized their releases there'd be no need for this nonsense.

Even better: provide an archive of past releases so people having issues with the most current one have something to fall back on just in case they did delete the original archive(s) of the previous version(s).

I mean really, this is the easiest possible solution for these kinds of issues and I honestly don't understand why the makers of SDR# have never really offered such a thing at all. It's not like it would require a ton of storage space to do so.

Having said that, they really need to grow up a bit with respect to calling people out for providing their own builds to people that have either deleted the previous ones or simply can't locate them as needed since the developers don't provide them. "bootleg software," how quaint - whoever looked at this thread apparently and posted that tweet didn't read it with any level of comprehension whatsoever and jumped on xeno194 for somewhat obvious reasons (at least to me). :D

WyoDuner

Even better: provide an archive of past releases so people having issues with the most current one have something to fall back on just in case they did delete the original archive(s) of the previous version(s).

I mean really, this is the easiest possible solution for these kinds of issues and I honestly don't understand why the makers of SDR# have never really offered such a thing at all. It's not like it would require a ton of storage space to do so.

Simple - They (AirSpy) want to chip away at the users of other SDR hardware that can use SDR#. I believe they think if SDR# only supports AirSpy then people will buy AirSpy.

I want to see this blow up in their faces. I have never seen such immature actions by a company in my life. I for one will NEVER give AirSpy a penny of my money. I don't need their software. I have the last version before .NET 4.6 archived with the plugins I need The singular thing I use SDR# for.

Besides, why would I buy an AirSpy when I have an SDRplay that is superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.