PI3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix805

I used to see/hear PIO quite often which I assumed was the Public Information Officer. Lately I've been hearing PI3 a lot. Is this Public Information officer 3, or does it indicate something else?

tipster67

I used to see/hear PIO quite often which I assumed was the Public Information Officer. Lately I've been hearing PI3 a lot. Is this Public Information officer 3, or does it indicate something else?

I wish I could help ya.. I listen a lot between 9 pm and 6 am. I can say I have heard only PIO 3 lately.

Phoenix805

<Lately I've been hearing PI3 a lot. >
I guess I should clarify, I haven't really 'heard' anything lately that caught my attention. The FD dispatch web site often has PI3 included in their info.+

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
They may have dropped the "O" from the PIO to help with the computer voice dispatch. BTW, I had to call 911 the other night for my wife (she is feeling much better now) and I was even impressed that E194 was being dispatched before I got off the phone with the call taker.

Phoenix805

They may have dropped the "O" from the PIO to help with the computer voice dispatch. BTW, I had to call 911 the other night for my wife (she is feeling much better now) and I was even impressed that E194 was being dispatched before I got off the phone with the call taker.

I know there is still concern about response time, especially in Glendale, but as a general rule they get the dispatch out quick and get the units on the road pretty quick. I know the last time I called for someone it seemed like they kept me on the phone forever asking me questions but they assured me the truck had been dispatched during the call and they were just getting additional information. I'm glad your wife's feeling better, I hope everything is OK.

tipster67

Good to hear that your wife is well. That sexy computer dispatcher actually says P-I-O very well compared to some other things. And not at all giving Phoenix805 a hard time, but as most times, have not seen a PI or PIO anything since his post. Figures :)

APSN556

Premium Subscriber
Yes. PI3 is the Public Information Officer, usually dispatched to calls where media presence will be likely.

Astrak

I thought the PFD website had a list of the PIO's and their callsigns with when they were on duty................maybe it wasn't the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.